1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to stay @ Silver Dollar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by steele, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

Might be able to go south for the Southern Grand. I need ideas of where to stay, so the better half has something to do while I shoot. I need someplace near shopping, etc (She has a PHD in mall shopping), beach, fun stuff. I can't leave her the car, so it must be within close walking distance. We stayed on Rt 19 several years ago, but nothing was close for her. Butch from Pgh

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

rent another car while you're there - she can go wherever she wants.

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Route 19 is right at the corner of Urine and Crime Spree. Go down to Oldsmar and look into the Holiday Inn Express or the Hilton Garden Inn. But what ever you do get the hell off of 19.

Much better area and alot safer.

4. steele

steele TS Member

Anything near the airport area? I don't mind driving a little extra, if I can leave her somewhere that's fun for her.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I AM STAYING AT DAYS IN ON US 19. $46.00 PER NIGHT. NICE PLACE WITH HOT TUBE POOL AND LAUNDRY ROOM. PHONE 727-869-9999. About 8 miles from shoot. OUR SECOND YEAR STAYING HERE. Easy to get to club and lots of area to shop. YOU MUST STOP AT THE SPUNG DOCKS IN TARPON SPRINGS TO EAT.

6. steele

steele TS Member

Earl, You know my Linda. I need someplace so she can do something other than follow me to the club. Butch

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'm sure she'll love the Best Western Tahitian in Holiday on Rt.19. Cheap rates, beautiful pool and the cockroaches sing harmony at night. Just tell ber not to look under the bed. On second thought, her mattress should sink firmly enough to squash anything beneath it.

8. 2shot

2shot Member

Rent her a small car at Enterprise. That's the ONLY time I go on Rt 19.They bring her back to the gun club on Sat. Every body's happy. Mike

9. 2shot

2shot Member

Rent her a small car at Enterprise. That's the ONLY time I go on Rt 19.They bring her back to the gun club on Sat. Every body's happy. Mike

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

There are other places to stay other that US 19

Suggest you look at SR 54 and I75. Ther are a number of hotels and a new mall within walking distance. It's a little furthe tha n the 19 location but nicer.

Tom

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Holy Jeepers Earl, you found the Dollar again, good for you;) I got the Infinity out to AZ with my little girl Annie, but that's another story if I ever catch up to you again. If you're airborne now, I don't have a prayer.

12. steele

steele TS Member

T, Thanks. I figured there had to be some place down there. It's a resort state for God's sake. I don't have to dump her off everyday, but if she isn't shooting, she get bored quick. If I have to drive 30-45 mins, is no problem.
    Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.