1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where To Shoot Trap Near Pittsburgh P. A.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tandemdude, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

I am going to be in Pittsburgh from July 5 through July 10 Is there anywhere close to Pittsburgh that I could rent a gun and shoot a couple of rounds. I don't want to bring my guns on the airline. Thank You in advance, Norm Van Pelt

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Subject: Where To Shoot Trap Near Pittsburgh P. A.
    Date: Mon, Jul 16, 2007 - 12:32 PM CT

I am going to be in Pittsburgh from July 5 through July 10 Is there anywhere close to Pittsburgh that I could rent a gun and shoot a couple of rounds. I don't want to bring my guns on the airline. Thank You in advance, Norm Van Pelt

So where did you find to shoot?

I would think that if you were there at least 11 days ago and left just 6 days ago that you would have already found the answer to your yet to have been asked question ...

So where did you find to shoot?

3. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

LOL I hate it when I do that, I am sorry I will be there in August from the 5th through the tenth.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Well ... you can probably still shoot at the same places as you could have shot if you had been there July 5th to July 10th. ;-)

5. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Well lumper you are probably right, but since I really haven't been there yet, I still need some help on a place to shoot.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

http://www.pssatrap.org ... you might be able to find a club on that site.

http://shootata.com/content/ata_zones/state.aspx?statecode=PA ... might be another spot to do a little searching.

http://www.shootlcsa.com ... close to but not right there but it is a nice place to shoot.

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club_search.php ... another good research spot.

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/PA ... and yet another good research spot as well.

Good luck.

7. chessney

chessney TS Member

I know a lot of places to shoot but I can't tell you one place that rents a gun? I would just show up and I'm sure someone will let you use their gun. I know I would..If your still intrested let me know and I'll list all the places..You can shoot just about every nite of the week if you want. There's that many places...Ziggy One more thing..Don't listen to lumpy he's an a$%hole

8. steele

steele TS Member

Where in the Pgh area are you staying? That would help in knowing, as some of the clubs are a little confusing to locate. If you know what days you want to shoot, I could work it out to bring a few guns out for you to shoot. Any preferences? E-mail me Butch

Mon Collier Sportsman
    Tue Library Sportsman
    Wed Millvale sportsman
    Thu Northside Sportsman, Mcdonald Sportsman, Library Sportsman

9. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

chessney, thank you very much, yes if you want to email me a couple of places that would be great. I just hate walking into a place that you don't know anyone and asking to borrow a gun. But you all have been really nice and helpful. Thanks Norm

10. cat

cat TS Member

Try Rosedale Sportsman's Club they are on the north side of town located in Hamarville.
    Cat

11. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Depends on where your staying. Graeter pitt gun club(near airport) Has rentals and shoots Sporting clays. West penn sportsman club(near murrysville) is open thursday nights 5-8 and has food/bar, 9 traps, 5 stand. No rental guns but we can find you something. Rosedale is nice open wed/thur evenings. Tell where you are staying and we can narrow it down.

12. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

E-mail Al DelMarco, he's a Pittsburg guy from what I remember in the 3000 posts about him.

He always responds quickly! LOL

Sorry Al, I had too.

13. Harold

Harold TS Member

thewolf, you haven't been out to Greater Pitt in a while have you. They're shut down. Something about a problem with the ATF, according to rumor.

14. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

15. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Anyone on here go over to Northside Sportmens on Thursdays or Sundays?

16. steele

steele TS Member

I'll be there tomorrow nite.

Butch

17. cat

cat TS Member

Northside is a great place to shoot I've shoot there on the Monday night league with my mom and Dad from Rosedale. They have a new club haouse that is not that old and nice folks there.
    Cat Reese/Meadows

18. WPSC

WPSC TS Member

Follow the Wolf's advice. After all that's what the Wolf does, he fixes things. Western Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Club in Murrysvile is about 20 miles East of downtown Pittsburgh. They would welcome you and have a Glub Gun (Beretta 390) that you could borrow. Everything you need is there all you have to do is stop out Thursday night between 17:00 - 20:00.

Western Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Club 5730 Saltsburg Rd. Murrysville, Pa. 15668 The Club phone number is (724)327-9918

19. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Thank You all very much for the information. Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

place to shoot trap in pittsburgh

places to shoot trap pittsburgh area

rosedale gun club pittsburgh