1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to shoot trap/KC-MO area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tgb18, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tgb18

tgb18 Member

Hey guys,

I'm going to be on the southside of Kansas City, MO next week visiting family.
    I'm looking for any public shooting ranges in the area that are open during the day. Thanks in advance.

Terry

2. 7815wayne

7815wayne Member

KCTA is a good place to shoot. Trap or Skeet. Located north of Kansas City at Smithville, Missouri. Highway 169. They have a web site, KCtraps.com. Wayne

3. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

Powdercreek Shooting Park in Lenexa, Kansas. Closed Mon and Tues. Nice place. A little pricey at $ 8.00 per round for non-members.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

As noted above, KCTA and Powder Creek are your two best bets.

www.kctraps.com

www.powdercreek.com

KCTA is where Lynn Gipson used to run the show.

Derrick Mein is the manager at Powder Creek, and I used to be on the BOD there. Derrick is a heck of a sporting clays shooter.

Either place will be great place to shoot.

If you're in south KC MO, you'll probably be the same distance from either one, but it may be easier to get to Powder Creek.

KCTA has (I think) 10 trap fields and 2 skeet fields.

Powder Creek has 4 trap fields, 3 skeet fields, a 5-stand, plus a really nice sporting clays course.

Search tags for this page

kc area trap shooting

trap shootinh kansas city mo area