1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to shoot sporting and trap in South Dakota?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by len loma, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

The daughter and I plan to stop and visit the beautiful state of South Dakota. I always enjoy stopping at local gun clubs to visit and shoot. Is there any place open on Thurs,Friday or Saturday to shoot trap or sporting clays?

Thank you

2. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

More clay, we live in Rapid City, SD and our club will be open on Thursday afternoon and early evening of this week. Also, we have a registered shoot this next Saturday and Sunday(21st and 22nd) at our club.

Also, go to shootata.com(I have copied link address below for you) and you can see all the clubs in South Dakota.
    http://shootata.com/content/ata_zones/state.aspx?statecode=SD

If you have any questions just send me a PM and I will try to be of assistance.

Bud

3. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

I don't know if either are open when you will be around, but two clubs is SD that make you feel that they really are glad you came are Mitchell Gun Club and Crooks in Sioux Falls

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Boy... I really have to hold back. This thread could be fun.

5. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Stonewall, if you have something to say, please do so.

Bud

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When I lived there, I liked Isaak Walton in Sioux Falls and Crooks GC. Great people, lots of fun. There are no better folks than the South Dakota Natives.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Not sure how old "oldstuff" is, but I been a shooter for about 35 years. My club, the Rapid City Trap Club, has 9 traps, and a tower, as well as, two skeet fields.

RoadWarrior's wife is the Club's secretary.

One the East side of the state, I like Crooks, and out West we have the club outside of Spearfish SD, run by Micheline Hickenbotham (her late husband was involved as well). There is also a club outside of Edgemont, SD - Mick Stoddard and his wife handle the duties there. I am unsure of their operating dates.

Rapid City Trap Club is located 4½ miles south of the city on US Highway 79 on the new 4-lane Interstate type highway (east side of the highway). It is lighted and leagues happen every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:30 PM until whenever, and Sundays. There is always open shooting available.

We just finishing up dealing with the H-D motorcycle rally, so watch out for those bikes.

Glad to have to stop by at the RCTC. Introduce yourself around the folks at the club, as they welcome new faces. Have a safe trip.

Whiz

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When Prairie dog shooting on the Cheyenne river Reservation, we came across the Eagle Butte Trap club. A nice one hole club with excellent facilities and loaner guns if you need them.

I was told Leo and Karla had come there for a clinic one weekend.

Right by the Airport on 63 just before town.

HM

9. whiz white

HALFMILE: That club was started by Steve Payne of the Eagle Butte State Bank. One helluva nice guy.

I even supplied the metal hallides they use for night shooting.

Steve has been aruond trapshooting as long as I have.

Great guy, great club.

Whiz

10. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

go pheasant hunting up there forget trap :) (wrong time of year for that) :(

11. whiz white

I will be at our pheasant hunting operation mid-day Monday.

Heading up to Mpls, but have to drop off some conveyer motors for the farming poeration. I'll check on birds for you. :)

Remington STS: If you ever get that way around Plankinton, get hold of me, I'll buy dinner.

Whiz

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Should be some good wabbit hunting out there but not sure of the seasons?! Tom Rhoads

13. len loma

len loma TS Member

Thank you for all the feed back. I now have an idea where to set the GPS to.
    Len

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

eagle butte trap club