1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to shoot near Santa Rosa, CA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 525Shooter, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

I will be spending a couple of nights a week in Santa Rosa, CA for the next few months. I was wondering if there were any places to shoot trap, rifle or pistol near the Santa Rosa/Windsor area. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

You might want to check out Petaluma Trap and Skeet Club, which is closer to Santa Rosa. PT&S is open only on Sundays, and you need to call ahead to have your name put on the guest list. More info here:

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/spca/sports-clubs/petaluma/1-petaluma-trap-and-skeet-club-707-782-0144.html

Valley of the Moon Trap Club is open to the public on Wednesdays and Sundays. More info here:

http://www.vomtc.org/VOMTC/Home.html

Ted K.

3. ajc

ajc Member

Both are fine places to shoot trap. In fact I was at the Petaluma club this afternoon. However, note that the club is private and is on land owned by the Two Rock Coast Guard Training Facility. I attended today as a guest of on of the members; I think you must be invited as a guest. As mentioned, your name has to be provided beforehand, and you will need to provide documentation of vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, and photo id to the guard prior to entering the trap club. The club has two dedicated trap fields, and 3 or 4 trap/skeet combinations. The fields all face generally north. They use the "token" system to pay; tokens can be purchased in the trap shack. $7 per round of trap for guests.

The Valley of the Moon (VOTM) club is a bit south of Sonoma, and is public. I think it has about a half dozen traps, although only a couple are used on most days. Nice place to shoot, although since the traps face generally West, it can become difficult in late afternoon. Haven't been out there in a couple of years, so I can't tell you what the fees are.

Unfortunately, those are the only clubs near SR. There is a club out in Duncan's Mills, but I've never been there, so can't tell you much about it.

Not sure about high-power, archery, or pistol ranges. I'd recommend you give Schmidt and Titoni Firearms a call. (707) 545 8826.

Disclaimer, I am not a member of either VOTM, nor PTSC, nor an employee of S&T Firearms. They are all good places and good people.

4. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Thanks AJC. I am heading over this week so I will talk to Schmidt and Titoni. Is it worth checking out their store if I want to do some shopping?

5. ajc

ajc Member

S&T is fairly new. I can't confirm but I've heard that they bought out a previous gun shop (Helm's), moved the business, and have established a good reputation. I haven't been there, but my son-in-law bought a handgun there a few months ago and was very pleased with their product and service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

public trap shooting sonoma county

skeeet shooting in santa rosa

skeet shooting in santa rosa

skeet shooting santa rosa ca

trap and sheet near sonoma ca

trap shooting near sonoma ca

trap shooting sonoma county