1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to shoot in Memphis

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bl0407, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bl0407

bl0407 Member

Anyone know where to shoot in the Memphis TN area during the week? Preferred to shoot at night.

Thanks

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

MSSA Memphis Sport Shooting Association. See Link above.

Michael

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Their web page sucks

4. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

Can't shoot there unless your a member or guest of member.

5. gary case

gary case TS Member

bl, shotgun or 40 cal? They ain't like that up noo-ooth.

6. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

Try Corinth MS about 40 miles from Memphis. I shot at the MS state shoot there last year, alot of good people around there.

7. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

Memphis Sport Shooting is located on the EAST side of Memphis and we are open 7 days a week. We shoot at night on Wednesdays. I think someone has our club mixed up with the club in Nashville. We have never charged $9.00 for a round of trap or skeet. We are located north of I-40 in Lakeland TN. Bill Hardison Memphis Sport Shooting

8. lwr_

lwr_ Member

The Memphis club is one the best clubs you will find anywhere. I shot some pistol and two rounds of skeet today. You can shoot a round of skeet or trap for apx. $3.75 per round. I also think it is our policy to allow guest to shoot if they are members of another club. Will check on policy and update post tomorrow. Of course members are allowed to bring quest and can check them in 3 times before they are expected to join. I doubt anyone was ever told they would have to pay $9.00 for a round of shooting trap or skeet. We are on the East side of Memphis, I don't know of any clubs on the West side of Memphis. Of Course there is a lot shooting on the West side; however, not club related.

9. bl0407

bl0407 Member

GC they sure ain't like up noo-ooth....

10. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

So is it true that you have to be a member there or a guest of a member to shoot sporting clays? When I called last week that is what the lady told me on the phone.

11. lwr_

lwr_ Member

It is the policy of the Memphis club that out of town non-members may shoot as long as they provide proof that they are members of a club where they are from. So, if you are from out of town you are more than welcome to shoot at the Memphis club, just make sure to bring proof of membership from your club. Cost of shooting will be the same as for the Memphis members. As stated in my previous post that comes out to apx. $3.75 per round of 25 targets.

It is a great club!! One of the best that I have ever been a member of. So, when in Memphis feel free to shoot with us. You are more than welcome!

If you are not currently a member of any club at all, you will have to be signed in by a club member to shoot.

Hope that anwers all questions. If not, give me a PM and I will try to answer any further questions.

Again, seriously doubt anyone was ever given a quote of $9.00 per round of skeet or trap at the Memphis club. Just simply never happened.

12. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

Well good to hear. I am a member of a club over in East Tennessee so I got that going for me I guess. I will come by the range on Monday and check it out.

13. DanLee

DanLee Member

Just go downtown after midnight and join the rest of the shooters popping away at each other!

14. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

b10407. If you are a member of a club in east TN. you are welcome to shoot at our club. As said above just bring proof of your membership. We offer skeet, trap, sporting clays, 5-stand and wobble trap for shotgunners and we have action pistol as well as rifle and pistol ranges plus a 600 yard rifle range.

There are no clay target ranges on the west side of Memphis. I grew up around here and there never have been in my 58 years. I will be more then happy to chat with you if you will send me a pm. I'm very proud of our club. Mark Russell, MSSA.

15. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

I went and shot at the club on Monday, and it is a very nice facility. I unfortunately had to shoot by myself but still had a fun time. I spoke with a gentleman by the name of Rick Mays. He was very helpful and extremely cordial. I will def go back and shoot sometime and would reccomend anyone to go try them out!

16. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Folks at MSSA are FRIENDS of mine and I assure you that even though they have club rules and will follow them as do all clubs, they WILL meet you with a smile, find a way to get you on the field and treat you like royalty!
    Been there too many times and have had too many good encounters to believe any other way! I am not a member, in fact I am from another State, so I have no stake other than having been treated well by the staff and members of MSSA>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
memphis skeet

mssa lakeland tn address

skeet shooting in memphis

skeet shooting memphis

trap shooting in memphis area

trap shooting memphis

trap shooting ranges in memphis

where to take skeet shooting lessons in memphis tn