1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to shoot games near Louisville

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by realjoe, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realjoe

realjoe Member

Im looking for somewhere to shoot games near Louisville,Ky.Any information would be appreciated.
    Joe Olin
    joeolin@schulerbauer.commmmm

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Joe, I used to shoot sporting clay with you. My name is Skip. I shoot at Coffee Creek Conservation Club in Commiskey, IN. It is about 40 miles from Louisville up Indiana State road 3. They shoot games every Saturday from around 3:30 on. They shoot a Calcutta around 7:00pm. Come up and see us. We are shooting today. They are having a Calcutta today starting around 10:00am. A good bunch of guys. You will like it.

3. realjoe

realjoe Member

Those were the days! A lot of water under the bridge since then. I can't make it today but will in the near future.
    Great to hear from you. Look forward to seeing you again.
    Joe

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Games can be shot at Fern Creek Sportsmans Club on Thursdays from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. You can also shoot practice and there is usually a bird race of 35 or 50 targets. The bird race is either 10 16 yard or 25 16 yard targets plus 25 handicap based on what you break on the 16's. The rules change from time to time.

Spencer County Sportsman's Club in Taylorsville, KY (30 miles from Louisville) shoots on Saturday night from 6:00 PM until the last dog is hung, usually to near midnight. They shoot a lot of killers and long range games. Bring your "A" game and porch loads. There is usually a $10 killer every Saturday. Don't get within 100 yards of the place without hearing protection once the shooting starts.

Indian Creek is a great place to shoot practice trap, ATA trap on the 2nd weekend of each month and Thursdays, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays. However, they no longer shoot games.

There are other clubs within easy driving distance of Louisville, KY. Once you shoot at Taylorsville or Fern Creek, you can probably find a place to shoot games on most days of the week.

Most of the serious trapshooting around Louisville is games. Killers (like an Annie) are very popular.

Ed Ward

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Joe, if you just want to shoot some practice and can get away on Wednesday evening we shoot at Coffee Creek and have $2 for 25 birds. You just can't beat the price.

6. KY_TRAP_DAD

KY_TRAP_DAD Member

Irvington (KY) Sportsmans Club has games + 50 bird Calcutta on Saturday evenings. I haven't been there in a while, but I beleve things get started around 6pm.
    Shelby Shelman

7. realjoe

realjoe Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.I havent been shooting much lately but need some excitement in my life.lol
    Joe

8. plaw

plaw Active Member

Skip, I did not know that little red car was yours, I would have liked to seen you gettin in and out of that little roach!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.