1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Where to send A Barrel To Open A Fixed Choke??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ramorton, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

John, send it to Tom Wilkinson in Oxford North Carolina. He'll do you a nice job. Hope this helps, Roy

2. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

ATAJOHN I had Kerry Allor do my mx 2005 and it needed a lot of work the gun would not hit a long yardage target solid at all he took it and turned it around I can only say nothing but he is very particular of his work he does fine work phone # 810-326-3943

3. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I give you A+ for good ? of the week?I think I/m going to pay Tom a vist. 2hr drive.
    Railroad

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

John, Tom's phone number is 919-603-0167. He has done several barrel's for me. His work is excellant. Hope this helps, Roy

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

John:

If you are seriously contemplating the trouble and expense of barrel work, have you considered installing tubes? That way you can have whatever amount of constriction you choose.

The point of impact is a separate issue but it would also be possible to have it lowered by the angle and manner the choke tube threads were cut.

sissy

6. farm boy 49

farm boy 49 TS Member

Stu Wright in Pickneyville ILL done mine and the pattern is perfect. Stu is also very reasonable and will get it back to you in a timely manner.

7. JRW

JRW Member

John I live a hour from Kerry Allor and have taken barrel work to him. He is very good like above post stated. When I took my K80 barrel to him he told me he would not open the choke. It would be best to call him and see what he says about opening your choke if you decide on his service. Jerry in MI.

8. KRK32

KRK32 Member

Barrel work is not cheap neither is an adjustable comb especially if those dont fix your problems. My suggestion is do what your debating about sell it off and put the money you were going to use for barrel work and other things and put it all towards a gun you shoot good from the start. Just my thoughts Kirk

9. cdougstew

cdougstew TS Member

Doug Braker (Dougs Gunshop) opened my 90-T to what you are asking. He does great work and is very reasonable.

10. Twixter

Twixter Member

John:

In Iowa look up Tom Larkin. I'm sue he can do what you are asking about. Good work reasonable price.
    Mock McGinley

11. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

hey mick cya tomorrow do you have any 1/2 in pad spacers there?

12. Twixter

Twixter Member

John:

Posted on your other thread, but will put it on here also. Talked with Tom Larkin today and he said he can and would be happy to do the work you want at the Iowa Sate Shoot. Look him up. Nice people to work with.

Mick McGinley

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You got a wood rasp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.