1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to order PRESCRIPTION lenses???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lbshootin, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Looking for REAL testimonials and referrals for prescription lenses for my shooting glasses..I have grown tired of shooting at target tails and trails during low light and night shoots..JUst had my eye prescription updated, and now I need new lenses/frames..Thanks, LarryB

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Morgan Optical

3. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Call Morgan Optical and talk to Wayne,Ranger XLW's have a seperate frame behind the colored lenses so that you don't have to get each lense done and its alot cheaper,I called Wayne and told him what my prescription was and he helped with lense color for the backgrounds that I shoot and 9 days later I had my glasses,total cost was about 280.00 with 3 sets of color lenses plus my prescription,hope this helps Mike

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I purchased my first set of rangers from Morgan optical but since found a gentlemen that goes by the name as Maltzahn on here. His price was a lot less for my autumn gold transitions. A swell guy to boot.

5. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Decot

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There was a Decot booth at the Ohio State shoot. We stopped and talked to the gentlemen about a better lens for low light conditions, and he pointed to several choices and discussed each and their benefits. Thanks, I'll order a set of lenses when we get home. No need, he said, I can get your Rx right here on my lap top & order them as we speak. That's great, I guess they'll be waiting for me when I get home? Nope, he replied, I'll have 'em here tomorrow afternoon. My first pair was simply calling with my Rx, discussing options, and they were at the door in a few days. Bottom line: There's Decot, then there's everyone else.

best...mike

7. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

You first need to decide the frames you want and then talk about who to get them from. I shot Decots for 35 years and got RX lens from Decot and Lehman with great service.
    I switched to Pilla and have had a great product and service from them. Thank goodness we have great choices out there and the style you want to wear is the starting point. GOOD LUCK

8. GHAA27

GHAA27 Member

Larry, call Mike at Post 4 Sport Glasses 1-800-833-6362. Knows the business,nice guy and is a shooter.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Wayne Morgan - Morgan Optical... top notch. Ranger frames - Many styles to choose from, lifetime warranty...

Jay

10. bob easton

bob easton TS Member

All of the recommended providers have excellent reputations.

A bit of extra info before you go shopping might help... The material used does matter!

Your non-shooting prescription glasses are likely made of a material called CR-39. Most shooting safety glasses are made of polycarbonate.

CR-39 has excellent visual acuity properties, but poor impact resistance. Polycarbonate has great impact resistance but less than optimal visual acuity properties.

A new material, called Trivex has the visual acuity properties similar to CR-39 and good impact resistance.

Ask for Trivex. -- Bob Easton

more info in this thread: http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=272639&Messages=11#1114126

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

ditto what Bob said above regarding the use of Trivex...

Jay

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

My everyday glasses, trifocal, glass, Photogray, etc. Shooting glasses are Decot, with just the bifocals. Charlie Henderson

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

And the lifetime warranty on those Ranger frames from Morgan Optical is like money in the bank...

Jon Reitz

14. arend003

arend003 Member

didto on Steve at cleartargetoptics, got mine from Steve and he was great to deal with will do back when I need new lenses.
    Tom

15. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Larry: I have all mine done here locally by my good friend who owns a big opitcal shop here. I was contemplating parternering with him way back in the 70's. In fact, he and I are the one who started the original red (Vermillion) lens color back in the last 70's.

We sat on that idea too long and Benson Optical here (their manager here, a grumpy guy took our idea). He then sent it up to their main offices in Minneapolis where they started making them under their name.

Anyway Chuck has made all my DeCot replacement lenses in any color of my choosing here. He is NOT expensive, and probably one of the cheapest you'll find. They grind and fits all my lenses in my frames right here and turn around time if pretty fast.

You know what I am, so e-mail me if this interests you.

Whiz

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Dr. Laura Winkel did mine!...couldn't be happier!
    laurawinkel.com

17. dhip

dhip Active Member

I went through Joe Bob outfitters,(usually posts here),you get a discount on Decots

Doug H.

18. TomB

TomB Member

Dr.Frank Rively....in Johnstown , PA is the BEST

19. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Go with Post 4. Mike has the experience and is a good guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.