1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

where to hold on post 3

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T TS Member

Sunday I was at a lost as to where to hold on post 3. I am a one eye shooter so I hold down on the trap. Also I am right handed shooter. Thanks mike t
    I have shot for many years so I am not a newbee.
  2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

...in the sun & breeze of Copper Bank, Belize
    From one one-eye to another...

Being right-handed, I hold about a 1/2 barrel above the front edge of the roof and slightly to the right of center. I look out in the distance above the barrel and don't call until my vision is unfocused and my right eye is completely still. Yes, you'll see targets going to the right. Don't even begin to move the gun to the target until you get a solid read on its path away from the house.

Keller
  3. Ross

Ross Active Member

Ditto with Unknown 1, although I'm a 2 eye shooter I still find that I "pick-up" see the tgt. quicker with that hold point and method. Ross Puls
  4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Keller,

You forgot to say, "Just Say'n". :)
  5. spitter

spitter Active Member

If you have issues when moving "right" to the target as I do... I hold even further right... 3/4 on top of the roof...

Jay
  6. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

Twelve inches to right of center is plenty far enough. Hold twelve inches to right on 3-4-5 And twelve inches to left on 1-2 Henry
  7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

It really doesn't do you any good to tell you how I or anyone else holds on post three. Everyone is different and it depends on how you look for the target. I will say that holding off to one side seems to be the better advantage. You don't want your barrel blocking that straight away.

I understand taking some of the other's ideas, but find what is comfortable for you.

Bryan
  8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Ok, now the key is to make sure that you give yourself enough time to get into concentration mode of seeing the target before you call, after measuring where the barrel is to start.
  9. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Whatever you do just do the same hold every time for that post don't change it because the rock before was left so you'll hold a little right it doesn't always work that way and if you anticipate your rock to much you'll start to swing were you think it's going and not were it is going
  10. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Whatever you do just do the same hold every time for that post don't change it because the rock before was left so you'll hold a little right it doesn't always work that way and if you anticipate your rock to much you'll start to swing were you think it's going and not were it is going
  11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

1/2" above the house and 3/4" of an inch to the right of center ... Thats the perfect place ... Next Question ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.