1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to have Colt reblued

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goosedowner, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

I just picked up a Colt officers target .22 pistol and it needs a little tender love and care. The gun has some blue wear and one spot on the barrel has some light pitting so I'm looking for someone that does a good job reconditioning older pistols like mine.
    I called Colt and they won't work on it and turnbull is way to expensive for my wallet so i need some suggestions.

Thanks
    Lee

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

these are supposedly well reputed people...

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good work is going to cost you some bucks regardless which outfit but I would try Glenrock Blueing. You are probably looking at about $300 to get a first rate job (and it will be first rate) but I think the gun you have merits that.

Now my suggestion Lee is to spend the bucks and then take that fine little revolver and shoot the piss out of it and enjoy life because that is what these fine guns are for.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

http://www.craftguard.com/

check out these guys they have done great work for me -- check out their Nitre blue which is correct for that gun

There was a dispute about the sharpness of edges when a well respected poster on here used them for his P gun receiver-to have it nickled I think.

I have had great luck with them

Gene

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Glenrock Blue in Glenrock Wyoming is the place to have it done. Quality work and they know what they are doing. You will not be disappointed. They do a lot of work for Weatherby and have done lot of guns for me.

Good Shooting!

6. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

My shooting partner just had Glenrock do some work for him. Good price, excellent results, and service. He will be a repeat customer very shortly with a custom request and that price quote sounded pretty good also.

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Al Lingham, Kelso gunsmithing, Making then look like they come out of the factory is fun!

Al Lingham

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

They are the best!

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.