1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to have a receiver nickeled?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'd like to have the receiver on my TM1 nickeled. Not looking for a polished finished. Probably something satin or brushed. Any recommendations? Thanks

2. happy

happy Member

Call Dan Lokker at Giacomo 315.336.1356. They did my mx10 last spring and it is great. Norm Gilmoure

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I echo what happy says. Excellent job on my MX-15....

Jim

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Same here. Giacomo just did my DB81 and his price is the best, as is his work...Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

As I recall, to nickle plate the receiver only is $195.00 from Giacomo. I had him nickle plate the receiver, locking lever, and forend iron, re-blue both barrels, replace the locking block and springs, and generally go through the entire gun and replace everything necessary and the total came to a little less than $700.00. The cost to nickle the parts and do the barrels was $400.00....Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. Bridger

Bridger Member

Thanks everyone.. but I called Giacomo this morning and was quoted $335 which seems very high to me. I'd like to have him do the work but not at that price.

7. Hardy

Hardy Member

keep in mind that generally the parts must be refitted and Giacomos price includes fitting..Craig

8. "Great Scott"

"Great Scott" TS Member

If you want a liftime warranty finish that looks like and wears like SS go to this site www.mahovskymetalife.com. Ive had it on several guns. You wont find a better finish anywhere and is very reasonably priced. Larry in western Ky.

9. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

I'll second what great scott said. Metalife is GREAT.

Lee

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat Gottberg in Wells, Mn. Works great and fast turn
    around. Phone, 507-553- 5730. Pats gunsmithing.com

Pat is a AA27AA shooter and a great gunsmith-- he can service your gun at the same time

We have done several nickle recievers together

Gene

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

H-S Precision, Inc. here in Rapid City SD is starting the ceramic coating operation for their manufactured hunting and sniper rifle systems.

Anyone had any experience with the backed-on ceramic coatings?

From what I have seen at H-S, they really look great and the color schemes are awesome.

Todd tells me he'd do some of the shotgun stuff through me. The price is absolutely cheap as well. I just am looking for something hearty.

Whiz

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes, Giacomo charges $335. This includes stripping the gun down for plating and refitting all those little parts that need some room. Including refitting the barrel/forearm which would generally cost you $75-$100 anyway.

He does excellent work and warranties the fitting of the parts correctly. If you feel up to disassembling and refitting your shotgun, by all means, get the less expensive option....

13. Bridger

Bridger Member

I've never known a plater that doesn't fit the parts. I had a 90T frame done last year by Metalife in hard chrome and they did the frame, trigger guard and forearm parts including fitting for $130. I forgot they do nickel as well and will be talking to them about this project.

14. august

august TS Member

Giacomo did one for me and was the nicest nickel job I have ever seen.
    August

15. steevo

steevo TS Member

Okay, I tried the address shown, Mahovskymetalife, and it didnt work. Steve

16. Dave VA

Dave VA TS Member

This is the correct website above.
    I had my 99Plus done over the winter and was very happy for the price. I can send you a picture if you would like just dop the XX's in email address.

Dave Van Aernum

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I had an outfit in Des Moines IA do my new MX14 two times and each time I got it back it was worse than the time before. They evidently had impurities in their solutions AND they ended up etching off some of the engraving and edge metal. I was absolutely SICK to see how they could be so stupid to mess up a brand new Perazzi receiver. In talking to them, they had no idea why the work was bad...they thought Perazzi used bad metal. Ha! Nice guy to talk to, but think they should stay away from guns over $10,000.

I refused to send it to them a third time. They denied all of it, of course, so I posted the picture of their work right here for everyone to see. You could do a search here to find them.

I then did what I should have done initially and sent it off to Giacomo. It costs me $500 for Giacomo to take the receive down to get rid of the exposed pitting caused by the idiots in IA.

I had an attorney write them a letter and then they threatened to sue me for libel. I hurt my head on that one from following over backwards in laughter. They probably did that to scare me (not), but I just dropepd the matter HOWEVER I WILL TELL THE TRUE STORY EVERY TIME I CAN!!! Stay away from the IA outfit.

Ultimately - GIACOMO is truly a master craftsman. The action came back with a note stating they really worked hard to fix the mess that was done in IA.

To nickle your receiver would be much cheaper AND his work is just absolutely perfect. He IS an Italian craftsman professional extraordinarie!!!

Incidentally, I never sent the tang or trigger guard to Giacomo, but should have, because the IA outfit's work looks like satin chrome compared to Giacomo's.

Whiz White

18. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I do it!

Shop FFL'd since 72.

Bluing is our specialty.

Have been doing nickle on 94 Win's action's for years now.

Great service!

Great turn around time!

Al L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

who can replate a nickel perazzi receiver