1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to go--State shoots, 2010??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Well, Denny, if you're willing to be on the road for 4 to 5 weeks I'd suggest Vernal (Uintah Basin) in early June, then Colorado State, followed by Utah State and ending up with Wyoming State to get you headed back in the right direction.

If you wanted to be really ambitious you could go to Montana State after Wyoming.

I think that circuit is about the best bang for your buck.

The Uintah Basin shoot is like a Satellite Grand. Most of the big names are there and the hospitality of the Vernal Boys (and their significant others) is just about the best in the country.

Scott

2. setter

setter Member

Denny,

Did you see the picture of Sobie Boy in Tron's "Let's Play a Game" post"?

O.K., correct me if I'm wrong but you need to go to KS, MO, OK, AND the SW Grand at the NSC in San Antonio! Plus, HAVE you been to Sparta YET?

I just sent you an e-mail!

Regards,
    Jim

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Ohio for sure, IL is the week before, Indiana is in July as well as Kentucky, Michigan?

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

If you don't come to ALASKA you're missing out.

We have about 110 folks shooting for $12k in trophies and $6k added money. Food every night. Salmon on Friday, all you can eat ribeye steaks on Saturday night. Great trophies.

Outstanding cruise deals for next summer....cruise up, shoot, fly home, or do the reverse. You can mail your guns up so you don't have to hassle with them. Salmon run all summer...we'll get you into fish.

Plenty to do when you're not shooting. July 14-18 in Anchorage.

PM me...I can help with details of trip planning, etc. And if you send me an email, I'll send you fish pictures.

jeff

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Denny, come on up to the Montana State Shoot and from there we can go to Alaska. Are you still on the 27?

Rick in Mt.

6. setter

setter Member

Pay your membership, then I'll think you getting serious!

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

100th Michigan State Shoot in 2010!

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I suspect Ohio would be too tough for you so you should avoid! Tom Rhoads

9. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Without a doubt,Cardinal Center (Ohio State Shoot) and then North to Mason Michigan the following week for our 100th State Shoot!!!

10. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Come to KY State Shoot. With just a few country boys and girls shooting I am sure you will find the winning is easy . Just call ahead and let them know what trophy you will be taking home. Just be gracious in victory.

Charlie

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'll know your serious about this when I see you shooting the Iowa State Shoot.......Which you missed last year.......and the year before...... ;-)

Hauxfan!

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lit: Whatever you do don't come East and make Ohio, MI, IN that would be just to embarassing for the rest of us. You would prbably make the cover of Trap & Field at least once though.

Don

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Whatever shoots you decide on, keep it a secret so attendance doesn't suffer at those shoots!

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Lit, if you can actually play a "mandolin" and do so at all well then I may let you ride somewhere at sometime with me. Now I'm going to base your performance against my moms ability because she does play one.

When you do get your dues paid and shells bought, then follow the advice of "setter". This will be enough to get you started back and setters personnal assistant, sniper69 will try to accomodate you at the KS state shoot.

15. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

Charlie,,,,I thought I had better refresh your memory...You know they have to pick up the bait and run before you set the hook! Right?

Grizzly Adams

16. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Lit, take Zardo's advice except please stay away from Minnesota cause the last time you came you caused so much laughter about my perfect call I have not recovered yet.

Also, the grass hasn't grown back from where you and the Iowa boys had your companions (that's your word for them) fenced in. And I do agree with you, your's was the best looking!

17. DEM36

DEM36 Member

Mark your calendars now for the 2010 Missouri State Trapshoot, May 10th-16th. If you haven't shot with the MTA at our home ground club (Linn Creek, MO) you will enjoy good targets, how efficiently our shoots are run, 60 trap capacity & lots of great vendors. Don Magruder, St. Louis, MO

18. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Well Den, since this year we will be using the Erad for our state shoot, we have dropped the rule about having nobody less than 27 on the sqaud. Just got so tired moving those mics. What with the extra ten pounds of lead on the bottom to keep them from blowing over, they were a bit heavy after 1300 targets.

Spook should be out and about on Sat. night.

See ya in July.....Rick in MT

19. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

State of Washington has two state shoots - ATA & PITA and you can go salmon fishing for a few days and then attend the Grand Pacific. The weather is better here than most of the rest of the country during the summer.

20. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I would suggest you shoot with Grizzly Adams, he will help you find the winners circle. Be careful though, you may be following him there rather than leading him. You know never make a Grizzly angry, never can tell when they will turn on you.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.