1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get "RELEASE" Stickers ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Where to get

Where can I get a couple of "RELEASE" stickers for my two guns which I presently use double release triggers to shoot? Thanks for help,.......Rob G.

2. setter

setter Member

Where to get

Here.

Edit - Oops, see the negative feedback below!!!!!

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Where to get

I would avoid sticker.com I ordered two rolls of the release stickers on DEC. 18 2008, and have not seen them yet. I have made several phone calls and had to leave a message, I also sent numerous emails. I have received no response to either.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Where to get

Minnesota webmaster Ron Baker makes and sells them.

Neil

5. ShooterOne

ShooterOne Member

Where to get

I agree with "Big Dave". I ordered a roll of stickers from sticker.com and after e-mail inquiry and several phone calls filed a dispute claim with my credit card company. No response by e-mail or phone from the vendor. They charge for priority mail shipping which is 2-3 days and after the attempts to resolve the status of the order I filed the non-receipt of merchandise claim with Mastercard. Avoid this vendor.

6. johnpe

johnpe Member

Where to get

I make my own. I use 1 1/2" orange Tardots and a black ballpoint pen to write a big, bold "R" on it. They work fine.

Johnpe

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Where to get

Just a question and not trying to be a smart a$$ but why do you need a RELEASE sticker anyway ?? I would think you could remember it was a release ?

ALF

8. Ricky B

Ricky B TS Member

Where to get

why do you need a release sticker anyway?

So OTHERS who handle the shotgun will know that. It may be required by some club regulations or by some state laws.

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Where to get

Ricky The only others that handle my gun are close friends and they shoot a release . If I don,t know you and you have my gun the least of your problem is the trigger . Ask and I will let you shoot my stuff but I will let you know it,s a release trigger .

ALF

10. pheasantsgalore

Where to get

Reason why?........I, along with several others, who all shoot the same guns, are teaching young shooters at various clubs, how to shoot and when I replace a pull trigger with a release, I want to be able to be sure, from a safety perspective, the new shooter is taught how to properly handle the gun, by identifying the gun from looking at the sticker. There a eight of these guns, and they all have same exterior features, even pull triggers versus release triggers are not always that easlily identified through a training course without extra safety measures taken, besides keeping the gun open at all times when not shooting, etc, etc,etc........ Thanks, Rob G.

11. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Where to get

Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll send you 2 at no cost.

Bob Schultz
    Target Shotguns, Inc.
    105 Mitchelle Dr.
    Hendersonville, NC 28792

12. pheasantsgalore

Where to get

Bob, Thank you for generous offer. I will do just that. I greatly appreciate this. Respectfully,............Rob G.

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Where to get

ALF-99 & FlaLagarto:

Certain guns (Bt-99, M-12, TM1, 1100, etc.) are a dime a dozen. It isn't uncommon to have several in the same rack at the same time.

Anybody that's spent much time around gun clubs has seen someone pick up the wrong gun and take the line with it. It's more than a little interesting when the offender 'sets' a pull trigger or pulls a release only to have it go off at the wrong time.

I expect someone to jump in at this point and protest, "that should never happen!" I agree. Such things shouldn't happen. They wouldn't if everyone paid attention to what they were doing. But... they don't and it does.

A release sticker doesn't guarantee someone won't pick up the wrong gun but it helps.

sissy

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Where to get

ALF-99,I have seen people pick up a gun they thought was theirs and was not.

I think this is a let's be safe issue.

I have stickers on my gun to warn the other person.

Bocephas

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Where to get

Bocephas I,m having a little fun with you guys . I never put my gun in a rack . When I,m done shooting it,s in the truck .

16. Ricky B

Ricky B TS Member

Where to get

Hey, ALF. You seem to be missing apostrophes. Give me your email address, and I will send you a bunch for free.

17. mdk3280

mdk3280 TS Member

Where to get

Last time I needed a few (circa 2004 or 2005) Kreighoff in Ottsville, PA added them to a parts order at no addt'l charge...

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Where to get

"At my club an elderly shooter picked up the wrong gun put a shell in it and to his surprise it went off"

He would have had to pull the trigger before he released it. What's the big deal? Why was he pulling on a trigger with a shell in the gun if he didn't want the gun to fire?

19. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Where to get

Send me a sase and I will send you a couple that say release. You will need to add your own adhesive to them.
    Don

20. Paul Marthey

Paul Marthey TS Member

Where to get

I had some stickers made at a sign shop. They are very good quality and vinyl laminated.They are orange and 1 inch in diameter with a large "R" and the word release on them. I need $1.50 each to get my money back. Contact me at the above web site and I'll give you my address. I sure you will like them. Make sure you put release stickers in the subject line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.