1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get 'Release' decal?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Brown (the puller), Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

I just bought a Citori Special Trap with double Allem release triggers. I want to put a warning decal on the gun. Where can I get one?

2. Jim Brown (the puller)

Thanks. I'll talk to Allem at Elysburg this weekend.

3. johnpe

johnpe Member

I just take a 1 1/2 inch diameter orange dot that I use to shoot at with my rifle and hand letter a large "R". They are sold by the package at any stationary store. Easy and inexpensive.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of using a skull & crossbones decal with a big 'aaarrrrrr'. That oughta scare 'em off.

5. atashooter

atashooter Member

go to the Trapshooter's page and scroll down.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

At the California State Shoot one year, I and a fellow squad-mate went to the line in a singles event with each other's BT-99s and were just preparing to start the sub-event when we realized something was askew; so yes, an orange sticker would be in order for a release trigger. I like BigM-Perazzi's "Arrrrr" and skull and crossbones idea too!

Jennifer

7. Jim Brown (the puller)

When I first started shooting trap, I put my 870 in the end slot of the gun rack. Someone moved my gun and put his 870 where mine had been. It wasn't marked as a release trigger and I had no idea that such a thing existed. I remember hearing a click when I pulled the trigger and the gun going off as I lowered it and let go of the trigger. The only way I knew the gun wasn't mine, by looking, was the flat brass circle where the safety should have been.

I never did find out whose gun I had taken to the line and there was no laughing audience when I ran it back inside the clubhouse.

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Try using a label maker like the Dymo, Brother, or Casio, just to name a few. You can even color code the labels and put them on the gun or even on the trigger guard.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a Brother labeler I use for equipment controls, and with a yellow tape and black lettering, it makes a nice sticker.

I print "RELEASE" in caps and put it on the trigger guard.

Stands out good, can't miss it. You can see it in the rack from across the room.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.