1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get comb spacers?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ken X, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Anybody know here to get 1/8 and 1/16 comb spacers to put under an adjustable comb? White plastic or even gold metal ones would be nice. Do they have to be hand made? I've never noticed them for sale.

2. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Like doda stated, go to your local hardware store. However, go to the plumbing department. They should have a large selection of RUBBER washers. I found just the right size and use them on my Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon.

Frank

3. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Home Depot/Lowes/Hardware store -- Nylon Washers

4. redbearmx15

redbearmx15 TS Member

Ken.......If you still want to buy spacers check out this site above. They are in the 1/8 and 1/16.

RogerC/OH SJVCC

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Machined aluminum AN washers as used on aircraft and race cars to align nuts for cotter pins. Available in 1/16 an 1/32 inch. Attractive color. Get them from Aircraft Spruce & Supply...available in aluminum, stainless and nylon. Bore sizes in 1/16th inch increments from 1/8" to 7/8".

Mike

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

THANKS a ton Tron! , and everybody else. I never thought of finding what I need at a hardware store, just thinking of ordinary washers there. I live so close to a Lowes and Home Depot I wouldn't even trouble you Tron, but I appreciate it! They aren't 4 minutes away.

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Ken: As someone mentioned, get the nylon/plastic type washers. They come in different thicknesses, so you can experiment with the adjustments. I got mine at the neighborhood ACE hardware. I believe they come in white and black. Ed

8. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Why not use 2 - 1/4-24 allen set screws (front and rear) for adjusting and throw all those washers away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.