1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get carton for shipping gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I need to ship an expensive gun in a Warwick hard case. I don't have a shipping carton. Any suggestions where to start looking? Also I get the impression from what I have read here that USPS 2nd day registered is the best way to ship, any comments? Thanks, gyrine

2. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Try Uline.com. They have every type of box of box you can think of. (Good prices, but you may have to buy their minimum of 10 or 25 to a bundle though.) ....Rick

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I shipped couple $20,000 guns via FedEx ground service. I use modified boxes from Costco. When you insure over couple thousand dollars, sometimes they want to see what's inside, so don't seal it before you go in.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rich, find a place that sells boxes, supplies etc. for people moving. Fed ex is cheaper

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you live anywhere near me (NJ), stop by and I'll give you one.

Ed Yanchok

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

He is way down by the Mex border in calif

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Menards- home improvement stores- will have them by the ton in their throwaways- you might have to cut them to length with a box cutter

FEDEX ground is the way to go with insurance.

Compare USPS insurance and you will begin to get the idea

Also USPS doesnt consider it lost for 6 months I think- I have had that problems with K80 barrels

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Grant Morgenstern

Grant Morgenstern TS Member

The closest carton I carry at Cameron Packaging is 48 X 10-5/8 X 5-1/4 Inside dimension. We handle many other sizes, but they may not work with a Warwick case.

You might want to reconsider shipping the gun in the case. They are fantastic for normal handling & transport, but the shipping environment is more like a demolition derby. Envision it being thrown like a javelin into a concrete wall, cause that's exactly what will happen. Doesn't matter who you use.
    I've seem many nice firearms damaged when shipped in similar cases. (not to mention the damage to the cases)

Anyway, take a look on our site www.cameronpackaging.com and give me a call if I can help. The size I mentioned above is only available on our site as a "custom fitted" gun box, but I would send you a plain one if you need it.

Grant Morgenstern
    419-222-9404

9. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have been running all over town without any luck. I am going to go down to the local music store with my tape and see if I can find a carton that a cased Fender guitar comes in. gyrine

10. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Ok, Here is the skinny. Go to your local music store and get a Fender electric guitar shipping carton. Perfect fit for up to a combo case, with room for shock absorbing packing material on the sides and ends. The box I got was 44x15x4. The shop owner was glad to get rid of it. gyrine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.