1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get a left handed Trap gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RHAT, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I'm trying to find a new left handed trap gun,........ I have found none, can anyone refer me to a site, or if someone has a left handed, adjustable comb used gun i would be intrested,.......

Rich

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

best bet with out custom fitting. Find a nuetral or straight stock with adjustable comb and butt plate. Or just get a Lefthand precision fit stock for a gun you may have now. I have seen a few custom lefthand models but they are built for someone else not you. Wenig makes a good selection of semi inletted stocks for a lot of guns in LH these are a option also. I put one on my browning gold.

3. mnjim

mnjim TS Member

Buy a break open and don't worry about it.

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

From one lefty to another, I concur with MnJim. I shoot Browning break opens (specifically BT-99 for SGL/HCP and XT for DBL). I find that Browning standard issue has pretty close to no cast, so it's a good fit for lefties. And on the XT, the palm swell is so minimal that it doesn't bother me... in fact, the palm swell on my Ultra XS Skeet is much more pronounced, and it still didn't bother me. If you find it does bother you, it's pretty simple to get it smoothed out and recheckered.

O/U with an adjustable comb, that's all you need.

5. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Oh, and one other thing. Keep in mind resale value. Dealers will charge more for LH guns because they're not common. Then, when you go to trade it in, they won't give you as much because there's not as much demand for them. But don't be surprised if on your next visit it's marked way up because they're hard to find. Vicious circle.

Bottom line is you're better off with either a standard O/U gun that's adjustable... or if you have a lot more available cash than I do, go for a Wenig custom stock with some absolutely awesome english or turkish walnut wood. Either way, I would still go O/U. I've been on a lot of squads just in the past year where the semi-auto has mechanical problems (usually see it on doubles), but the O/U shooters don't. Your gun might end up never having a problem, but who needs the distraction of wondering when it may start to hiccup?

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

RHAT,

I believe that if you go to Joel Etchens web site he has left-hand wood available for the Beretta's he sells.

Jaqua's (jaquas.com) also shows a 682 Gold combo (item # 109994) with factory LH wood on their website.

ec90t

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

The new Caesar Guerini's are left handed also. Dave T.

8. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

RHAT: take this advice from someone who knows. I dont know what state you are located in but go and shoot the gun you are going to buy. Think about it. Do you want to go out and buy agun and then shoot it like crap. If you are in Indiana, go to Indiana gun club and shoot left handed guns. If your in Ohio go to Jaquas. Take at least a flat with you. If you dont break 98 out of 100 with it, pass. Try another one. You will find the magic one and be happy with your purchase. Dont use the practice traps right out in front of the doors either. Move down a couple. The gun I am shoting right now I broke 121 out of 125. email me if you need anything. Don

9. Lyle

Lyle Member

I am a left and feel you pain. I have a few 11-87 traps in left hand and I would perhaps part with one of them if you want. The best one I have (I'm currently not shooting) is an 11-87 with a high rib barrel done by Roger Eubanks. Roger has also done some guns for Handy that Drew mentions previously in this thread.
    The gun has an adjustable comb and two stocks with it.

Lyle

10. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Rich, I'm a lefty, have owned maybe 10 trapguns of all brands, when it became popular and cost effective 'adjustable combed' a couple, but the best move I ever made was PFS. Don't get me wrong, I was lucky enough to try a gun with PFS from a lefty friend...it fitted perfectly 'as is', so I bought it. I'm just a workingclass man, but, though the amount of 'targets per year' may change, I'm a trapshooter 'til I die. I'll get 30 years of joy out of the gun, my wife can worry about the resale when I'm gone. YMMV. Cheers-Graham.

11. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

I dont believe that you have to shoot a 98 your first try with it it took me 5 months to get back to my great scores when i switched from an auto to a heaver citori combo if you like the feel of the gun and elieve that in the futere you can shoot it well then go ahead but i do recomend that u do shoot it first

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Browning just introduced the Citori XT in a left hand palm swell version. Check it out on their web site. They also introduced it for the BT-99.

Robert

13. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

This is a like-new Ljutic, left handed palm swell, left rollover stock with adjustable comb, Jones adjustable pad, great pattern, (97%) . Very little use. This gun will last you forever. Email if interested

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Check with Jaquas. I got a 682x combo from them a few years ago with a cast on left handed (factory) stock. I made the deal based on the photos in Jaquas on line catalogue and was very satisfied with the entire transaction. The price of the gun was actually a bit less than similar condition right handed guns in the same store.

15. 02

02 TS Member

Hi, from one lefty to another. We are a chosen few that really dont get a break much, whether its fishing or trap. I currently own a Remington 11-87 lefty and also a Browning BT-99 adjustable comb which fits up great. Theres another web site to check into is hi-gradeshooters.com lefthanded Berettas etc!!

16. JRWolf

JRWolf TS Member

I am looking at selling a left hand Beretta 682 Gold Greystone combo. Send me an email if intersted.

jrwolf@cis.net

17. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

SKB 85tss models have an ambidextrous palm swell. Get an adjustable comb, a Jones adjustable butt plate, and you are all set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 gold left handed -e