1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get 16 gauge ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

A couple of friends at our club have 16 gauge guns and say that they can't get ammo. Is anyone else having like problems?

Ed Yanchok

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Walmart has it for $6.99 a box, mostly 1 oz loads of #6

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rolling your own is the best bet.

Precision Reloading has everything you need, including hulls.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Dicks usually has Remingtons for a decent price.

5. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Anyone with access to a computer can get 16ga ammo.

Off-the-shelf is splotchy, but some WalMArts, KMarts, Dicks, BassPro still carry some.

There's plenty of choices in premium hunting stuff; plinking/target, not so much. But Winchester, Federal, Remington and Fiocchi all make a 1 ounce load of #7.5 & 8 @ 1165-1200 fps that will handle all your target needs. You'll rarely see any < $6/box these days and reloading makes more sense than ever, especially for folks wanting 7/8 ounce for lightweight guns.

6. ropin23

ropin23 TS Member

I have 5 16 gauges and i reload mostly. You can get loaded target loads from Grafs, Able ammo, Gamaliel. I have bought Rio's, Remington, Noble sports and Estate's. Hope's this helps.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Besides those already mentioned, Ballistic Products, RST, Able Ammo, Midway USA, Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas, t name a few more. Most of the larger retail and wholesale houses have atleast alittle.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Beware of that Rio stuff. One of their loads in 16 that is most often found on dealers shelves is 3-dram equivalent, Heavy Field Load. If you aren't aware of it, it'll set yours ears back when you shoot it, especially in lighter weight guns such as the Ithaca M37 or SXSs. If you reload, try Federal/Estate ammunition as those cases generally will give 3 reloadings.

9. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Hi Ed : Try cabelas. The last time I was there they had a supply of them..Ray B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.