1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

where to find school gaurds for employment?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by happy, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy

happy Member

Why not offer the school armed gaurd jobs to returning veterns. Already trained, most have small children and families, With the great Obama jobs available I'm sure they would be more than willing to work in the schools. Make the pay high enough to support a family. If needed cut welfare pay outs and put money to a good use instead of supporting people who don't want to work. Could offer jobs to aid recipients but it would cost to much in training. Why are liberals so worried LITTLE Johnny would be tramatized by the sight of a teacher with a firearm in school. But don't think Johnny would be tramatized by witnessing his classmates executed in front of him in the GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE. Where has our commcon sense gone. Try and listen to the Pelosi, Feinstien, Bobby Rush and their clowns news brief on their ideas of gun control last week on cspan. It should be hard for anyone to listen to the whole thing. Sorry for rant but a firearm never fired itself. I truly think we are done this time. Norm (ffl) life long shooter and sportsman

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Great idea. Our returning vets deserve the opportunity.

I also heard a retired cop say he and thousands of his 'brothers' would be available.

Gene in Illinois

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thousands of qualified individuals getting ready to return from the Sandbox, eh, Gene?

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My choice would also be returning Vets who are having a hard time finding employment .

5. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Get CCWs for all the janitors. Most of them are probably already carrying anyway.

6. burtona

burtona Member

Hiring armed guards for every school is a huge expense and totally not necessary. It's a typical knee jerk reaction to a very few bad events. Much better to allow conceled carry by a few teachers, adminstrators, or other school employees who may have a CCW permit. Just knowing the possibility of armed opposition is all that's needed to deter one of these nut jobs.
    Dave

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

They will hire a bunch of dumb, wasteful armed guards for $10 per hour!

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I just hope they are not TSA quality employees.....

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Agree with the poster of this thread

CCW means absolutely nothing-= and worse- many wannabeees in that crowd that couldnt make it in law enforcement

As I stated several times over several threads- use law enforcement and returning combat veterans ( who receive additional law enforcement trainnig and screening tests)

Buzz gun doesnt like Veterans and its obvious the CCW holder wannnabees from their comments that they could handle the job

CCW means nothing - NOTHING_ -It might mean that the state covered their rear end to show due dillegence in these holders wont shot themselves

Not saying that might not be a CCW holder now and then that could handle this duty

CCW means nothing other than you can carry for your own self defense.

Use trained professionals -

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I agree 100% that we must provide armed security for our schools, but requiring all teachers to "carry" is not the answer. The original poster has the right idea. With thousands of former Veterans available, it shouldn't be that difficult to staff ALL schools. Also, there are thousands of Sheriffs Deputies and State Police who are eligible to retire very young and they too could be looking for "part time" work. As for funding this project, we can skim 10 or 15% from the 15 billion or more we are paying in "Foreign Aid", much of which goes to countries and governments who hate the US. As for the anti gun crowd who thinks armed security is not the answer, I would like to point out that many schools are already providing it. Just think if Newtown was one of those schools. When I was 14 or 15 years of age and in school many years ago, I could get on the school bus with a rifle or shotgun and the only question from the driver was; is that unloaded? Things sure have changed for the worse! Larry

11. Nutso

Nutso Member

They should use active police officers, and be titled Police Liason, they are in full uniform, armed, radio and all, squad car parked out front. Their duties are; positive interaction with students, to identify and stop bullying, to make even the socially challenged welcome, visible deterent, drug indentification and enforcement, and if all else fails, to provide an armed defense.

My son's high school implemented the above following Columbine, it was effective, and positive in nature. A very good program.

Forget the Bart the Mall cop dudes.

12. 548

548 Guest

I agree nutso. In fact, my guess is that everyone agrees. Except maybe some schools. Our principle was quoted in our local paper as saying "this is a school, not a prison". The problem will be the money. Nobody will want to pay for it.

13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Just to add what has been hashed around , I also think armed teachers should be considered along with 1 or 2 armed Vets , depending on the size of the school because if that Vet is taken out early in a situation then the teachers would have to protect the students and anyone else in danger . I just hope this doesn`t haven again or too often because people with children in schools will start getting paranoid letting them be waiting targets to deranged individuals . This is happening way to often so something has to be done and just incase it does become another threat and the wacko is taken out using this judgement , others may change their minds into entering a school that has guards in it . My heart goes out to any victim of a school shooting . Maybe local CCW club members may also be considered for applying for this job .

14. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

The OP has a great idea I would add to allow the faculty that want to be armed do so. Don't force people who choose not to, to be armed.

John MI

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Say Eugene, do you have a concealed carry permit? If you do, then you are the biggest hypocrite alive. If not, then you should shut your pie hole about things you know nothing about.

16. oz

oz Active Member

there are CARE police officers right now. They spend some time in the elementry schools and the kids love them. The high schools have full time police officers. They are mostly used for students who are commiting crimes, ie: assault, drugs, etc.

17. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

Let any teacher/school official who can pass a background check and psych battery carry on campus. I include the Psych portion just to maybe catch the teacher who is reaching the end of his/her rope. The vets could be the visible presence while some faculty members are the spoiler.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

So aabradley82, if you want to require teachers to pass a "psych battery" to carry, then why not all concealed carry licensees? Do you have a CCW and did you pass a "psych battery" to get it? If you think you are OK to carry, then what makes you superior to teachers or, for that matter, janitors at a school?

19. folothru

folothru Member

hire an extra policeman in the school district and rotate all officers every days so then you are training all policemen as to the layout of school and familiarize them with school employees . then on weekends you have an extra policeman that can be used for weekend duty anywhere the need arises.

20. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

How is it that society (including liberals, progressives and anti-gun folks) are so accepting of armed guards in many venues like sports arenas, museums, banks, government buildings etc.? Surely the lives of our kids are worth at least as much as a painting or a sports figure. Food for thought.

Gene in Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.