1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy TM1 forend weights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PJ MX8, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJ MX8

PJ MX8 TS Member

My friend would like to get a forend weight for a Tm1 like the ones on Ray Staffords TM9 .Not the ones that clamp to the barrel ,the one that attaches to the forend.Anybody know where to buy them.Thanks,Paul

2. DickG

DickG TS Member

I got mine at Apogee Ordinance. Not sure if they still make them.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If they stopped making them, there was a good reason. The unsupported weight and shock from the recoil would eventually break them off. Also, it would bend the forend metal, which is a relatively soft steel.
    I had it happen to me twice, and gave up on them. Maybe other people have had better luck with their's; or maybe you just need a lighter weight than I had. I think mine was 6 ounces. I still have the just the weight and extended nylon forend release button, which I'll send to anyone for the $5 postage.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Whiz White sells lead tape. About 4 ounces. Put that in front of the forend. I use lead tape on my bbl. Dopes a lot of good things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.