1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy reloading components

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Searcher, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searcher

Searcher TS Member

Hello I'm relatively new to this site and I need to start restocking on loading components. I need wads and primers. Can you all suggest the best internet site to order from. I am located in Connecticut. Thanks Jeff

2. C H S

C H S TS Member

If you can find primers at a local retail outlet, buy them there. The ORM-D (HAZMAT) surcharge on primers will make them excessively expensive.

Andy

3. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Recobs usually has as good a prices on reloading components as anywhere. I buy all my wads from them.

hubcap

4. Searcher

Searcher TS Member

Thats part of the problem there is no one around in the area that sell this stuff.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

There is a large whole sale distributor in that area. Contact your favorite FFL and tell him to get you what you want. My soon to be gone local FFl dealer was getting from them and they delivered to his house.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Searcher, The wholesale out fit is Jerrys. in CT. so tell your local guy to contact and find out what it takes to get some stuff. My guy got a large load every 2 weeks or so. Really stinks I just started reloading too. Now my guy right next to my work. Who I didnt even know was there for years. Is moving out of state. Prices where very fair. hope this helps

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Searcher, most folks find it most convenient to join a shotgun club and then make purchases there usually at a discount for members. The better yet method is to find out who supplies the components to the clubs in your area and then try to arrange personal purchases from those distributors. This often means traveling many miles to their outlet or arranging to have your purchase delivered to a shoot you can attend or at least be willing to drive to. Good luck.....Bob Dodd

8. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Definitely check out recobs suggested above. Super service. Have ordered many times. Order large on primers and powder to help spread out the Hazmat fee.

john

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The big problem is no longer any customer satisfaction. If you do not want the top ten selling items then thats it. I have gone into countless gun shops trying to find all the things I need. Ordering through gun club has been touchy latly. To many substitutions. Also never know what your going to pay? It seems to be very tough here in mew england for walkin find what you need gun shops. If you every get up to NH derry exit 4 off 93 is Als gun shop. For a small place hes great. sorry no # right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.