1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Fed Papers in MA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DadPlus4, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DadPlus4

DadPlus4 Member

I just got back into trap shooting after a decade of 'building out' my family and travel demands of work.

Any recommendations on who carries Fed G/M Paper in MA? Stores that I called didn't carry or could get ~ even though they were listed on Federal as a dealer. Looking to take advantage of the current rebate and not pay MSRP.

Also - is there still a Nat'l Trapshooting Day? Any MA clubs hosting?

Thanks for any recommendations

2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Sadly, the "Liberals" do not allow the sale or possession of the Federalist Papers in Massachusetts.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

DadPlus4 I you have a private message with information about what you asked for.

Bushmaster1313

"Sadly, the "Liberals" do not allow the sale or possession of the Federalist Papers in Massachusetts."

Are you just being an SA or have you got a problem you would like to discuss if so I will be glad to accommodate you.

Bob Lawless

4. DadPlus4

DadPlus4 Member

thanks Ivanhoe for the PM. Appreciate the local support.

obtw - i'm one of the many in MA who cling to their guns and their religion.

Can't be grouped with those East of Rt 128

www.goal.org

5. Bushmaster1313

Bob:

With all the attempts by the Liberals to stifle the conservative viewpoint, how can I not make fun of them also trying to keep "Fed papers" out of Massachusetts.

If you think the Liberals do not try to quash opposing view, think about the "Fairness doctrine", the successful silencing of conservative speakers on university campuses, the refusal to allow an up or down vote on conservative judges and justices, and the refusal to allow an up or down vote on the national right to carry legislation.

Regards

Lou

6. ivanhoe

Bushmaster1313 have you ever lived in MA? Do you live here now?

"how can I not make fun of them also trying to keep "Fed papers" out of Massachusetts?"

If you have information about them trying to keep out Fed Papers please post the source as it is news to me.

Bob Lawless

7. Bushmaster1313

I grew up in the most liberal of liberal inside Route 128 towns.

I was taught in public school that the Vietnam war was Richard Nixon's fault and that Ronald Reagan was a fascist.

Bob:

Do you understand that my original comment was a play on the similarity between "Fed papers a/k/a Federal papers" and the "Federalist Papers" of the late 1700's.
    I thought my pun was worth at least a few groans.

Add to Liberals closing down opposing viewpoint the refusal of Oprah to put the most famous women of 2008 onto her show.

Also add the vile comments by elected Democrat leaders against Rush Limbaugh and people speaking up at town meetings against Omama care.

Lou

8. ivanhoe

Where do you live now????????

Bob Lawless

9. Bushmaster1313

Peoples Republic of New Jersey, I am sorry to say!

Do not even try to get a carry permit here.

The Liberals here force you to justify a need to exercise the right to bear arms and then they deny your application no matter what you say. After you get denied you need a court order to ever buy another handgun because when you check off the box asking if you ever got denied for a purchase or carry permit the local police will deny your application as a matter of course.

What would a Liberal do to an official who made a woman justify her need for an abortion?

10. ivanhoe

Well then you never did live in Ma you grew up in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. That is what is east of 128 the rest of us live in MA.

Bob Lawless

11. Bushmaster1313

If I am not mistaken, except for the official list of handguns I think Massachusetts is more gun friendly than New Jersey.

Can a private citizen with a clean record get a carry permit in MA?

Regards

Lou

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Lou, a clean record will likely get you a LTC. The issue is that the damn legislature has left the decision up to the local Chief of Police.....I had my permit lapse many years ago and had to re-apply in Watertown, ma. ( I am guessing you were from Newton??) The Chief had his lacky deny with the reason being that they didn't give out ANY NEW permits, I called for a face to face and he admitted that even tho this was a renewal, due to the letter of the law, the LTC had expired, thus my application was denied because it was considered new, not renew. After a chat with the Chief, he admitted that IF he knew me, he might have issued, when I pointed out that the only way he would ever "know" me was if I was arrested etc. he said he would review and advise at a later date. I got it few weeks later, but the bottom line is, IF you are from a town with an anti chief, you will not get one!
    Send me a PM re the Fed papers....Frank C

13. ivanhoe

Not to mention that before the law was changed there was a LTC and a FID card. If you had an FID it indefinite when the law was changed that was changed.

The state was mandated under the law to notify the FID holders of the change. The department of public safety never sent the notices the number of gun owners went from 1.2 Million permit holders down to a half a Million.

When they were asked why this happened they blamed it on an over site and none of those who lost their FID cards got them back they had to reapply. Honesty in State government at its worst.

Bob Lawless

14. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

Dadplus4

There is a nice shoot at Royalston on Laborday weekend.
    Pete Giddings-Canada

15. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

dadplus4,

I have about one and a half cases of new factory ones (old stock)...

12 gauge - 2 3/4 dram, 1 1/8, number 9 shot

I an in PA, near Philly. Any interest?

David D (drop the 'Xs')

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.