1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy custom blinders?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by omahasportingsupply, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Was out at the Nebraska State High School shoot last week and loved reading all the cool trapshooting shirts the kids design. Was thinking it would be neat to find a place where we could make custom blinders for special occasions. Would want mostly text with one graphic. How many do you need to buy to have a company design them? Custom colored background? I hate to use SKB (multiple colors no less) if the club could buy custom ones at a reasonable cost. Thanks

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Dennis Cates is easy to work with.

3. dwmiller

dwmiller TS Member

I help coach the Marian Team in Omaha. I just had Dennis make up three differant styles of custom blinders. He does a great job and they look great. They are $15 a set of two pair.
    Give him a try.

4. omahasportingsupply

I looked at his web site and they do look good. We need to buy 1000+ pairs so we will be looking for the inexpensive blinders, made out of paper or plastic. I will probably buy some of his for ME, but not by the 1000s. Anybody buy paper or plastic. If you don't want to post on the thread, send me a private email. MASH one of the links above. Thanks

5. omahasportingsupply

We don't want to sell these..... we want to give them away!

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I bought a $300-$400 device from AcuCut (I think it was) in Nebraska that cuts out patterns on a die through their die cutting machine.

I had them make a die for a larger than normal blinder and I cut them out as needed. It was over-kill for sure, but I get distracted in my extreme peripheral vision, so I needed these to shoot with, especially from the 16 and in a squad of ... how do I say this P/C... well, idiots or neophytes who do not know squad/shooting courtesy.

The die cutter is used by teachers in their Instructional Materials Centers to cut out letters, etc. for bulletin boards. That's where I got the idea... I used to teach mathematics and computer programming in a past lifetime (I didn't do bulletin boards).

There is also an outfit in CA that makes and sells the machines and dies. Only problem is that when they make a die of your own design, you are required to sign a waiver giving them the rights to make and sell copies to others. I didn't like this requirement, and because I decided on a large style blinder, I went with the Nebraska company (cheaper to make the die too) who did not have this requirement. Also very gracious people to deal with.

Since you are in NE, I'd check it out. I can take a picture of the machine and dies if you are interested.

Whiz White

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I just pulled the cutter out to check it out (pretty dusty). I haven't been shoting any registered for a while - lost interest after 30 years on the 27... friends dying, moving, etc.

It is called an "Accu/Cut Mark III Roller Cutting System." A google search should get you 'on target' for the manufacturer.

You then could have some local print shop make up any logo you want and simply cut out the blinders to sell. I have made them for nothing for some of the TS.COM folks in the past. I use standard heavy tagboard you can get at Office Depot/Max in about any color. I personally use the end flaps from shell boxes for mine and toss when they are worn out or sweat stained.

Whiz White

Just checked: AccCut is in Freemon NE and the Mark III is now $295 (less an additional 25% sale). I think I paid them $85 for their die, and the CA outfit was $100+ for the die.

8. omahasportingsupply

Thanks Whiz. Right in my own back yard. My wife and I are still in teaching and are familiar with the die cutting system. I think my wife even has a button maker machine somewhere also (remember those?). If I had a printer print the sheets, a die would spit them out quick. Fremont NE has a awesome trap team. Russ and Pam have 90+ kids from about 6 or 7 towns and even church and home schooled kids shoot with them. When they award school letters, they have to buy from 7 or 8 different school districts. It is just outside of Omaha NE. I will check them out. Keep posting Whiz, enjoy reading your threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

manufacturers of trap shooting blinders