1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where this country is headed

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have great fear for where our country is headed and where hussein and congress are taking it. The debt level of this country is beyond absurd and growing. If we don't stop this rampant spending we may lose our AAA bond rating. What this means is that our lending paper (bonds that other countries and individuals buy) will have to pay a higher rate in order to bring in money. Think about a bond having to pay 5-7% today to get buyers. With the amount of our budget and adding the interest, it may take OVER 75% of our total GDP just to service the debt. Do they think that we can run this country on 25% of revenues????

They are acting like the roman empire, and if you remember what happened there....

The Health Care plan that is in Congress with its Public Option will bankrupt this country. Do we need to adjust our health care system? Probably. Do we need to blow it up and replace it with another Government disaster? Hell, no!!
    But with all the CRAP that congress is trying to do and KEEP US IN THE DARK UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE, is tremendously troubling.

We have men and women on the ground in Afghanistan that we are not supporting with addtional troops, when the general in charge and EVEN NATO understands that we need to do a "surge" again. hussein says he will make a decision AFTER the elections,,,,WTH,,,,he can play golf, campaign and do other unimportant stuff and leave our kids uncovered. WHAT IS HE THINKING???? He wanted to lead this country, then LEAD it,,,,stop pussy footing around and MAKE A DAMN DECISION,,,,either we are in or we are out,,,,just DECIDE!!!!! The election is over,,,,NOW LEAD OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

Our political process is going down the crapper. Just look at New York Congressional district 23,,,,you have a very liberal democrat and a
    real liberal republican,,,,when I hear people say, "both parties are the same", I now see what they mean. There is another running who is a conservative, yet the Rupublican machine is staying away from him and supporting the "republican",,,,she is in NO way a republican and will just vote with hussein,,,,she has said that she will support his ideas,,,,c'mon be different,,,,I have always said that we can only have 2 parties,,,,but the 2 parties have to be DIFFERENT, not just the other party light,,,,heck John Kennedy would be too conservative for the republican party today.....

I am asking each of you to write your representatives if you are concerned as well and tell them we are watching what they are doing to our country. Our children and grandchildren deserve better!!!!!

We cannot "tax" an already anemic economy and expect it to survive. You CANNOT continue to TAKE without ramifications. You cannot demonize those who don't walk lockstep with your ideas!!

We must support our troops when they are in harms way. If we are not going to support them,,,,then get them OUT OF HARMS WAY!!!! hussein, the blood of the soldiers between now and whenever you make a decision are TOTALLY on your hands!!!

Going to stop now,,,,BP is getting too high.

2. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

I second every thing you posted, plus support or bring Home all our miltary personal. Do not support this corrupt goverment, until they start cleaning there own closets & start representing the people, instead of there own pockets. $$$$$ slid.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

We are headed for complete governemtal control of everything if the Dem's have their way. And bankruptcy as a wonderfull side bar our $ will be worthless! We need to change the congress to Republican or Libertarian if we are to survie

4. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

And the people voted for themselves Bread and Circuses...

R/s,<br />
    Charlie

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not
    warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of
    resistance? Let them take arms."<br />
    ---Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787, in Papers of
    Jefferson, ed. Boyd et al.

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

where are we and what are we doing in this handbasket ???????

6. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

China called, they want their handbasket back.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you really want to see where we are headed thanks to Obama and those that voted for him watch the television and look at the war zones that get plastered all over the screen during the news broadcasts ... I hope and pray that those that voted for Obama hurt the most and feel the pain the worst until its all over ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Glad I'm aging but sorry for the youth of america. Makes me very sad but the O man has set the agenda for the future.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We started the problem by being kind to those who did not deserve kindness.

Suddenly immorality was OK. Marriage became a non necessity.

Lots of young males learned about life from their pals on the street corner, since there was no dad around for the job.

Then Baby killing became all right. Sex change operations started to happen. Aberrant behavior of all sorts became acceptable.

We winked at white collar crime, and re elected the mayor of Washington DC after a hooker and crack episode.

Our leaders spent money for decades like drunken sailors, and defrauding the government became OK. Screw everyone else, just get yours.

I could go on and on. But if you want to know where the country is headed, just look at the road we have been travelling.

The cliff is dead ahead, kind of hard to see in the smoke screen. But it's there.

Reversing course might be a good idea. You see, after they kill the dollar, the One world Boyz will take over. And what's been happening will seem like a picnic.

Bye Bye American Pie.

HM

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

There is some light at the end of the tunnel
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ITS A FRIGGIN FREIGHT TRAIN,,

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

After the other night I don’t think there is any way to save this country. I went to Home Depot the other night and there was a WalMart right next door. Well anyway after shopping at HD I went into Wally world, thought I might check price of ammo and pick up a few grocery items. Mistake. I was in check out line 30 minutes. Seems a local charity had a shopping night for the unfortunate. There were buying clothes for kids. Coat, socks, underware, etc… A $100 per kid. There were 3 carts in front of me with women and kids at each cart. Mom’s had cell phones, kids had cell phones and they were all calling somebody bitching about the wait at the check out counter. The 3 carts all made multiple checks out. The woman in front of me made 4 different ring ups. I had a good idea why, but when it was my turn at the cashier I had to ask why 4?

Just what I thought. First check out was for clothes paid for by voucher furnished by local charity, 2nd ring up was WIC for milk, dairy, 3rd ring up was EBT, and 4th was for cash which she use to purchased a case of Mich Ultra.

10 or 11 year old kids with their own cell phones and on government aid. I’m sure they went home to a section 8 housing unit.

And these people were LIVID because of the long check out lines. These people got better things to do than wait in line for free stuff, they could be home: drinking, smoking, procreating, etc.

The only thing that will save this country is a WAR between the producers and the non producers, and the people who support the parasites.

When China finally gets tired of taking worthless paper in exchange for clothes, shoes, toys, tools, the cr*p will really hit the fan.

12. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I certainly agree that Democracy as a form of government is in jeaporday. When Greed replaced the Puritan ethic as the measure of success, we were in trouble. Compromise has been replaced by partisanship and there is no motivation to seek a greater good. Once the rest of the world realizes that our government is unable to make decisions we are subject to attack. Attack can come in many ways. Our borders are not secure, our committments are meaningless and our money is on the decline.

We must have cultivated one charismatic leader who sees a way to return to the path of success, and it is not the current guy. Hopefully he/she will come to the front before Reid, Pelosi and their ilk take us too far into oblivian.

JON

13. chuckles

chuckles Member

Buy guns, ammunition, food, water, medical supplies, ...

Dark days are coming, there will be blood in the streets, canibalism, rape, pillage...

Biker gangs will rule...

Only the very toughest will make it thru to the next regiem...

You think you're tough now but you're not...

The coming days will test you...

14. copper

copper Member

Spaish mandatory no pledge to flag no Xmass , lower wages for lot of trades goverment control of most every thing. And cost of living taxes out of control. Lack of respect for country no pride. What the hell happened. Dave

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Dave, I just told you what happened. It took about 40 years.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

direction of this country is headed south in a handbasket