1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where the Hecks the Other 96%??????????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

100 million gun owners in America???? Only 4% membership in the NRA??? Are you kidding????????????????

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

People like getting a free ride, NRA does a great job of protecting everyone's 2nd amendment rights but a lot of people want a free ride. I would ask people to join, even if they do not agree with every little thing, NRA is still the best game in town. Scott

3. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

Much of the other 96% realizes that the NRA is its own biggest fan. And their opinion has nothing to do with that free ride.

They realize that endorsement of candidates is pretty much meaningless because the NRA almost exclusively endorses incumbent Republicans who would win re-election even without NRA backing. And when it does endorse Democrats, they also are headed for victory anyway; the NRA wants to appear to have influence where none is present by having aligned itself with the winner before the fact.

They also realize that the NRA lobby is loud...and that's about all. It has no vote and it's effect swaying congressional votes is minimal because its effect on congressional re-election is also minimal at best. It is careful about what it picks and chooses to become vocal about so that it can say "Look what we did." when the outcome is what it would have been anyway.

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Don't agree with you there...guess what? If it weren't for them we would be shooting at clay targets with sling shots and mud balls-7 1/2 or #8s-Take your pick.

I know a lot of the things they do makes you scratch your head, but without them
    we're lost!

5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Hey Jeff,

It sounds like Mr 'MKillian' is just along for the free ride.

When you are buying he drinks whiskey when he buys it is draft beer.

Keep up the good fight.

Ron Burdick

6. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

I quote a very wise man who once said "90% of everything is crap" I will bet money that less than 10% of the morons who support Obama give him donations.

7. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

Most of the NRA's operating capital comes from gun manufacturers, not individuals. It pays the NRA to keep its members scared; it sells guns, and the gun manufacturers are grateful.

The NRA needs a lot of money to support the lobbyists and resources it has sent to European and South American countries to meddle in their internal affairs. By "encouraging" the pro-gun factions in these countries, even when those factions are not popular, the NRA has swayed political power even when it was not in the best interests of the country or its people to do so.

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's not so much that NRA gets people elected, it's much better at getting antis kicked out of office. Be thankful for them!!

9. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

MKillian, you have no idea where the NRA gets its money and even less knowledge about where they spend it. You wouldn't be a pimple faced 6th grade hacker would you?

jim brown

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Some of the missing 96% are keyboard know-it-alls who haven't ever done anything productive in their life. They only find pleasure in bitching about the work other people do. I hope they never join the NRA. I hope they sell their firearms and take up table tennis or something else where they will not bother real men who understand the price of freedom.

The rest of those who are not involved need to be aware of their responsiblities to maintain this country by guarding the Constitution, with guns and maybe their lives. Without that Constitution we will really be slaves of the ruling class, and the keyboard know-it-alls will be the snitch turncoats working for the strawbosses.

Paublo, thanks for your efforts to wake up the lax.

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

When I purchase from Brownelss or Midway, it is MY money I donated for them to pass on to the NRA.It may only be a buck on each order, but mutiply that times thousands each month when other make purchases.

I AM the NRA.

doug

12. Al391brown

Al391brown Member

NRA is cheap membership that speaks to the government for us. Period. All gun owners should join or they will be no more guns to own.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

@coyote1234,,,,,,of course the other 90% don't have jobs.....

@jim brown,,,,,,,I think you found mrskeeter........

14. ben there

ben there Member

anything that gets done in washington there is a lobbyist with a sack of money pushing it

our lobbyist is the NRA without the NRA our guns will be gone

life member John Hays

15. magicman

magicman TS Member

I agree with John. I am an Endowment member.

16. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

I live in California, if it was not for the NRA, I would not be able to type the word GUN!!!! Thanks to the NRA, I have a voice here! Cory

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The NRA also has multiple safety training programs for kids, hunters, and hobbyists. They are also the sanctioning body for well established competitions with small bore rifle, highpower rifle, Long range rifle, Bullseye pistol, action pistol, etc.

Someone has to go to Washington and try to diplomatically talk to the members of government. I do not always agree, but that is the best we have. Who else is there in the battle? surely not the self absorbed keyboard belly ache boys like skeet,muggs, MKillan, etc.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The wife and I are members, not only do they rep us they also send some good magazines every month

19. wayno

wayno TS Member

the nra is a one trick pony. they often oppose candidates who are strong supporters of *all* the bill of rights, not just republicans who support the 2d amendment.

20. ben there

ben there Member

WAYNO

you dont have to worry about shooting with your head up your butt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.