1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where the #$%^ am I ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Traveling out of country later this morning, arrived at Miami at 8:30 last night....other than the hotel clerk saying good evening to me, I have not heard a SINGLE word of English spoken around me since????? WTF???
    No wait, the airline counter clerk said thank you with a heavy accent!

2. RAScott

RAScott Member

While down there get a tan, slick back yo hair, and sign up for "free" Health care. Travel safe and I'll see you at the club. (GLTL President)

Bob S

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Buenos diaz senor Roberto, I only wish I were hunting doves there instead of a trade show.-El Presidente

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You're not in Kansas anymore Toto. Miami is an International multi cultural city with an International multi cultural population and workforce. Even For those of us who live here in South Florida it can be a bit frustrating with the language differences but we manage.

Eric

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

South Florida is a hell hole. Too bad it is a tide heading north that can't be stopped. By 2040 the whole country will be Miami. That is only 30 years away. God I hope I'm dead by then.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Eric

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Where have you been? 25 Years ago I walked into a mall in Miami and saw instead of the typical sign of years past se habla espaniol I saw signs "we speak english". This was 25 years ago!

Native born americans I know speak english with a spanish accent! I also know native born Floridians who speak english with a NEW YORK accent as well.

Miami is a melting pot. Get used to it.

TB

8. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

I used to fly quite a bit between Panama or Costa Rica and Miami. The difference was that here were more pople who spoke English in Panama or Costa Rica.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

My parents moved from Miami for the same reasons, the year I was born 1965.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Say Hello to Castro for me!

11. markc2

markc2 Member

It's not just in Miami. I just returned from a trip to Portland, OR, and half of the people that I came in contact with (taxi drivers, food service personnel, hotel employees, etc.) spoke broken English at best, with various accents.

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

13. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

One of the major Dallas news stations had a spot the other day describing a new enuciation class available for those who want to sound like a native American. Is that good? I live in Foat Wurth and seems many people here speak no English. Some grocery stores and auto sales magazines are in Spanish...no English.

milt

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

A friend visiting Miami told me he got lost in a part that he couldn't find any English signs, all in Spanish. He said he was expecting his TomTom to start talking to him in Spanish next.

We have slipped so far, this is not a "MELTING POT" any longer, if it was there would be no need for whole sections of cities to become a mirror image of whatever country they immigrated from.

These people want to live in America and enjoy all the rights and privileges but refuse to become Americans. I'm an immigrant myself, but I am an American in every way so don't call me a bigot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.