1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where some union dues went....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Didn't even know what there were there for,,,,,,is this what you want your dues to go for?????

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Union dues go to the Democrats...BIG SURPRISE!

But here in Indiana, we just finished our first week as a Right to Work state, so we're making progress. This is what other states have to do, too. Eventually, bit by bit, we can break their back and crush them.

It's the surest way to de-fund the democrat party.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its just part of the Karl Marx plan, steal from the working class(after brainwashing them) and pad the coffers of the leaders, after all we are all comrades right??

Work hard now! if you don't comrade you'll not have a job or find one anywhere else!

We, comrades have your best interest at heart, really we do!!

Keep paying those dues now!!

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Actually...that is exactly what most union workers want their dues to go for. They have to do everything they can to destroy freedom.

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Buzz gun, the local news in Indy talked about a prominent union leader who believes union membership in Indiana will drop by 50% now.. I saw the bused in protesters and didn't think about them not only being bused into protest, but also getting paid to protest!

Ironic that at least some of the protesters downtown the week leading up to the super bowl were not even in a union, they were scab protesters who cheated union protesters out of some easy money to chant, rant, and hold signs! Just another big, fat, lie!

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I hope you folks realize that you're waving a red cape in front of BigBadBob.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

noknock,

I saw it claimed that 90% of Indiana state government worker union members stopped paying dues when Mitch Daniels took away their collective bargaining during his first year in office.

That's what we have to do. Take away their special political deals, and they will quit sending the money to the Democrats.

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Wouldn't that be something if the democratic party only received donations from actual democrats? I know my dad for 44 years and my FIL for over 30 were both in unions, both hated them, and both voted Republican!

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Right on...people can write a check to the Democrat party any time they want. Stop this corrupt business of the unions extorting donations out of workers through their jobs via paycheck deduction.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I remember a disappointed union leader whining about polls showing a lot of union members voted out an anti-gun politicians. He said, "What do they want? Guns or jobs?" He was too damn stupid to realize they wanted BOTH.

What surprises me is that the Dems have not figured out that banning guns and penalizing law-abiding gun owners is a losing proposition. Probably a good thing, since they might pick up a lot more votes. They're so set in their ways that they may claim to be pro-gun now and start make-believe pro-gun sporting groups, but every state and every congressional session has new gun ban bills, and every Dem administration has declared war of some sort on gunowners.

So yeah, I can see the frustration of union leaders when some of their rank and file give them a big raspberry when they vote GOP.

12. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I'm flattered that you were looking out for the anti-union masses, John Galt.

My only response is, do all you anti-union, right-to-work, Walmart-loving folks really believe that the Democrats get their only funding from unions? Unions make up less than 20% of the nations workforce. We really have that much influence?

13. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

The union I belong to, bye-the-way, is not affiliated with the AFL-CIO.

The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America has not been a member of the AFL-CIO for at least 11-12 years. About the end of Clinton and the beginning of Bush, so this link or the statements really do not pertain to me, personally.

Sorry, Big Dog and Mr. Galt.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BBB,,,,,good for you,,,,yet you did not address the problem of paying $60 per head/day to protest when they didn't even belong there,,,,,or you just willing to "overlook" what is happening????

16. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Hey bigbadbob, I still have my card just like yours!

If I remember right, it wasn't but a short time after slick Willie had his timber summit in Portland, OR. that the timber industry was hit hard by the greenies and Feds under his watch. Slick Willie did more damage to the industry then the spotted owl.

Bush didn't do anything to reverse the effects though, He had more important things to take care of, Like keeping us safe!

We all know about what Willie and Teddie's accomplishments were, bombing a aspirin factory and oreo cookies!

17. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Yes Bob, I do believe unions have that much influence. With the ball park amount of gun owners (on conservative side...) being about 40 million plus households in the U.S. and the NRA having just over 4 million members that comes to roughly 10%... GOA and other fine organization for this example are statistically irrelevant.

So using your 20% number, my gosh, if the NRA could get the number of gun owners to get off their dead asses and join... and end up with 20% of gun owners in this country directly contributing money to the largest and most effective gun lobby in D.C.!!!

Well, if that was the case, we wouldn't worry about anti-gun legislation.. because it wouldn't have a chance of getting making it to the President's desk!

Look at what the NRA does with roughly 6%-10% gun owners actively supporting the second amendment!!!

So yal, if the unions make up a ball park 20% give or take and exclusively contribute to the democratic party, than that is HUGE!

With our current system, money talks and everything else walks. End of story.

18. likes-to-shoot

Goverment employee membership is 36.2%.

The working man (private sector) fell to 11.9%

19. likes-to-shoot

Union memberships are 36.2% for government employees and 11.9% for the private sector. I really don't think the numbers have improved in one year, do you?

noknock1.......I will agree that unions give to the Democratic Party but to say exclusively I would like to see your source of information. The local I belong to has contributed plenty to Republican candidates.

Beginning of story!!

20. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

likes-to-shoot.... ( I see you edited your post about the working man..)

Thank you for posting... although the 'working man' (and I use that as loosely as you do with your slight on government employees) and government employees to include local, state, and federal employees to include firemen, some law enforcement, etc... comprise 14.7 million employees TOTAL!

Again, if only we could get 14.7 million gun owners to actively support the second amendment! We as gun owners would not have nearly the worries!

<html>
    <body>

Union Pot Heads (working man) building armor parts for vehicles for military in Iraq and Afghanistan... Awesome... NOT!!!

</body>
    </html>

<html>
    <body>

The 'working man(men) smoking weed and drinking on lunch break....

</body>
    </html>

<html>
    <body>

More 'Working MAN' union members smoking weed while on job....

</body>
    </html>

This goes on and on... You union people that single out government employees who are at least drug tested on a regular basis are cutting off your noses to ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.