1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where our powder is going......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dirt stirrer, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirt stirrer

dirt stirrer Well-Known Member

I hope I did that website url right. If not, here it is again.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=971689

$280 for a an 8 pound jug of 700-X Wow

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Hummmm, dare I say again, gougers??

I just bought a keg for $135.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

4. dirt stirrer

I looked at his completed sales, there is $280 700-X there, and that WC 844 went off on several ads for $245. Now that is steep, I don't care how deep your pockets are. If actual shooters are buying it at those prices, God bless them, but if 2nd tier gougers are buying it with the intent of making even more later, I hope they get hung with it. That is 'spensive fertilizer.

5. dirt stirrer

The other thing I noticed is, except for a few, the feedback count of many of the buyers is pretty low too. Makes one wonder.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just to clarify the OPs statement, it was $280 for 8 pounds, NOT 1 pound. So roughly 2x normal price.

For some, want/need outweighs cost.

Interesting to note that it's VERY unlikely that the seller has a legal way to ship these, unless he's HAZMAT certified, and pays the HAZMAT fee to the carrier. The ad mentioned nothing about charging a HAZMAT fee to the buyer, so I doubt he's charging it, or shipping legally.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's Homeland Security buying up everything with George Soros's money....

8. dirt stirrer

Skeetman,

Thanks for that correction. I meant an 8 pound jug, it just didn't get from my brain to my fingers to type correctly. I have corrected it now. I also noticed there was no reference to hazmat either. Some of those auctions are somewhat suspicious to be quite honest.

And BlueDevil,

I too have bought powder online in the past few months and didn't get gouged by MidSouth,Recob's, or BPI. They were all reasonable, but I had to pay hazmat. I just always tried to get the maximum in powder or primers to spread the cost out.

I buy when I see it available, but I dang sur ain't turning around and selling it on gunbroker or other sites. We all want powder to shoot, these gougers don't give a rat's patoot about what we want, they just want to double their money.

9. dirt stirrer

Where is Cactus JW? I have everything but enough 700-X. Did you find this near Tulsa? Inquiring minds want to know.

10. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

there is a guy selling empty shotgun shell boxes for $5 with $4 shipping. I emailed him saying I could buy the same box at Dunhams for $9 filled with shells. He said he knows but has sold dozens of empty boxes.
    Wonder why Barry got elected?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.