1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

where oh where did my back arrow go?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Holypatterns, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holypatterns

Holypatterns TS Member

It happened....I lost my back arrow and don't know where to find it. Had
    recently run a scan disk and defragmenting operation with the aid of the
    maintenance wizard. My computer is an HP, with Millenium 2000 Windows program.
    It seems like every time I download a Microsoft upgrade, changes appear on the
    desktop, and not always welcome changes either. Who will turn over the rocks of
    ignorance and help me find my back arrow?

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

reformat to Xp

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I agree. ME is a festering pile of dog crap. Before XP, I changed to 2K Professional. NEver had a problem after that.

New box now is XP and no problems.

HM

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I believe ME was a 98 variation, not 2000? ME or Millenium Edition was a frightful OS, and it did not live long, thank goodness. If your hardware is modest by today's standards, just going back to plain 98 is a solution. If you have at least 1 gig of RAM and good sized HDD, then XP Pro is a solid choice. Vista is kind of neat if you have very new hardware, and excellent video card. All things being equal, I think XP is solid, and has been out so long just about all software is written to run in it. Vista and especially Vista 64 is still new and different enough, not everything is happy in it, and probably won't be until early next year after SP1 shows up.

Good Luck...it is a time consuming task to get a machine configured with all your software just the way you like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.