1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Your Should Pocket??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Express, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Express

Express TS Member

I have read several shooting articles and viewed several trapshooting tapes. Everyone says to put the gun in your should pocket, but no one explains where the should pocket is. Where is it? What is happens is you hold the gun too far in or too far out if you still see the figure eight on the rib??
    Thanks in advance.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

It's SHOULDER pocket! That's the area between the upper arm joint and the collar bone.

Buz

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

If you shoot and the heel of the gun is not in your shoulder pocket you will know for sure where it is not as well.

4. tomk2

tomk2 Member

An indent in the region of your shoulder formed by muscles and bones as you raise the stock to your face?

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Easy to find if you have your arm (the one that has your trigger finger attached) nice and high, pointing parallel to the ground when you mount the gun.

6. JOND

JOND TS Member

Raise the elbow of your arm that is also the same side as you use to put your finger on the trigger. This will create the "pocket". You can then reach over and actually feel it with the other hand. JOND

7. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Express,

How big is your boat?

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

CD, is a "dingy" considered a boat? :) Hap

9. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

My should pocket is my left front pocket. I keep hte list of stuff my wife says I should do in there. I keep my money in my left rear pocket so that it doesn't know what it should do and I spend it on shooting.

:) Mike

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Hap,

A dingy will have to do, I think Express is new so he'll have to work up to a Tron size ship.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

express....pay no attention to these guys! Everybody knows what a SHOULD pocket is! Its a pocket,of course, where the gun butt "should" be placed after the gun is mounted. Shame on you guys!

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

"Remington Arms tells you to find it in the following manner.

Buttstock in the pocket of the shoulder Correct placement of the buttstock in the shoulder pocket lessens the effect of recoil and helps steady the weapon allowing faster follow-up shots. Here's how to find your shoulder pocket: raise the strong elbow above the shoulder, place the fingers of your other hand under your raised armpit, and feel for the pocket with the thumb."

Express.....This is about the best way to describe it you will ever find. Great information........Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

buttstock in your shoulder pocket