1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Timney? Need BT99 Recoil Reducer Re

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike Michalski, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Have they gone out of business? I bought a BT99 recoil replacement from them a couple of years ago and need another one. Do I need to go to Browning? Any other ideas?

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

I believe Wrights Gunsmith has the part you are looking for. Try this link. It is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.wrightsgunsmiths.com/Pads.htm

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Old age finally got to Allan Timeny.

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

oletymer, Thanks, called and ordered. I knew the man had passed but thought his son(s) took over. Guess not.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Allen died?????

6. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I spoke to Allen not a year ago, he lived in Cerritos, Ca at the time, is he still amongst us?

Berettaman7

7. Stuart

Stuart Member

Yes Allen is with us. However he is in a nursing home. His wife broke her ankle and foot and is also in a home. Not a very ignoble end for such a gentleman. He had invented more items for the shooting industry, designed the tooling and process for manufacture and marketed them. He put in his first release trigger in 1945. I understand he designed the equipment that cleans chickens and turkeys.
    He leaves no son behind, or anyone capable of carrying on for him.This is the shame.
    Stu

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I met Allen at the Grand back in the late '90s when I bought his recoil reducer for my Plus. He had just brought it out and within a year mine developed some sideplay. I took it back the following August and he replaced it with an upgraded version on the spot, no questions asked. He always seemed like a really decent person to me, though even back in the '90s he was up there in years. I wish him and his wife well, they deserved better. My Dad lasted 4 years in a nursing home, don't know how he did it.

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I met Timney in the 70's. Back when we shot Rem. 3200 's. He made a good release trigger. He used to drive to Grand from California. We took his Ford truck to a Vandalia garage for him so he would work on our triggers.I think he thought we were going to steal his truck. We just wanted him to work on our triggers. his truck was safe. The good old days in Vandalia,Ohio.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was in CA for vacation and went to his home. His wife took me to the garage to see Al, his garage was his machine shop, what a layout!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.