1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is this trap range located? See pic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gary Waalkes, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Richard, I don't know where it is, but if the photo is genuine, I can't imagine being allowed to put lead out there.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I believe it's on the EPA's home office grounds, somewhere.

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

RichardColley:

I saw that picture a few months ago maybe some of the michigan guys knows about it.

I did have a nice photo of a well manicured range about 350 miles from me but can't find it now but it was imaculant.

I will serch the old threads to see if I can find where the one you are asking about is.

foghorn

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

One word "NICE".

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Gary,

If the trap field is old enough, it would be grandfathered and exempt from a lot of today's EPA standards.

When I lived in Michigan, a couple of the local clubs trap fields faced the water. It made for very cold shooting during the winter league!

ec90t

6. klundman

klundman TS Member

YEP WILLIAMS COUNTY GUN CLUB TOTALLY COOL LAID BACK PLACE TO GOTO , ENJOY THE PEOPLE AND ATMOSPHERE ...... AND SHOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

7. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Reminds me of Brown County Gun Club outside Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Very pretty and they own the lake.

Great place to shoot. I'll be there next week.

Come on down for the PVA circuit trapshoot-- July 28 and 29.

Philip Santos, Member of the Wisconsin PVA team

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Devil'

That was how it was explained to me when I asked that very question. They checked the water every 5 years for lead levels.

A lot of clubs around that the impact zone of the shot falls over water and they are still running. So I guess that there is something to the grandfather clause that I was told about. You may want to go and check your info before posting again!

The really funny part is that these clubs had avid Duck and Geese hunters that hunted the lakes in front of the trap houses (when not being used) and they had to use Steel/Bismouth shot. Go figure.

ec90t

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

There is no "grandfathering" in EPA regulations.

10. flylta

flylta TS Member

I am researching the same thing here in FL and a friend that works for DEP here said if we can get a contract on a range that was already running but been closed for a while we will be able to fly with grandfather clauses all kinds of rules that have changed in the last 10 to 20 years. Just looking for the finances now. Seems strange that even though it's been closed the grandfather is still on the property since it's use has never been changed.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Here is a nice little trap field almost looks like a golf course the way the grass is kept.

Fog

12. gotbass

gotbass Member

flylta - make sure you check and double check with local county as at least in California and many other places I am familar with if a use permited by use permit or other approval is not used for a period of time it is deemed abandoned or waived. Also some permits have a expiration date attached to them. Do not take anyones word on these issues but make sure there are official documents to back up exactly what you are allowed to do. Amoung other things I am the attorney for our county land use department and sit with the planning commission and the board of supervisors. Mike

13. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, That's Williams Co. gun club. A great club to shoot at. Only problem I have is I like to watch the shot hit the water. Then My shooting goes down hill. LOL!!! Todd

14. jmusic

jmusic TS Member

Richard, this trap club is only a pigment of your imagination!!! What are you??? Dorothy tryin to get back to Kansas??? Wake up and smell the Federal Papers...I'll bet beautiful blondes in tight short shorts serve frosty little umbrella drinks between traps here too, right! WAKE UP AND BACK TO REALITY....
    Jeff

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Looks like a very nice place to shoot. I wounder if they set the targets with a radar gun or a 50 yard marker?

Pat Ireland

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pat they use a radar gun. They used to have a guy who could walk on water but he moved. They have asked me on occasion to hold the hoop but so far I have declined.

Don

17. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Anyone have directions to the club?

18. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Them there places look real fancy! Ah bet they don't let you carry your shells from post to post in a bucket. I could put either one of those on my wall and be happy. Omaha

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Omaha; They would let you carry them in a brown paper bag as long as you didn't slow things down.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.