1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the PB Powder?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brady509, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Can anyone let me know where I may be able to purchase some IMR PB 8lbs.

Greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM to keep it on the DL. Not a hoarder just a long time shooter of the best powder on the market IMO.

Thanks again folk,

brady

2. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

I think they must be storing it with the 700x because I can't find that either.

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

the PB is under my reloading bench....OH WAIT, you wanted 8 pounders, those are 12's :)

Rick in MT

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

The discontinue rumor doesn't surprise me, especially since Hogdgens (SP) bought IMR. Also PB is an expensive to produce single base powder, so while it's an excellent powder it may not sell enough??? "OR" it may be too much competition for their import powders, profit--bean counters you know.

That's why we now have 700X instead of the old Hi-Skor, too costly to produce to compete with double base powders. JMO-- Ross Puls

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Shortage of all powders versus a year ago. Red Dot very hard to find. Thank God I can still find my jock itch powder. I believe it's a single based powder. BT100dc

6. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

"Thank God I can still find my jock itch powder. I believe it's a single based powder. BT100dc "

[​IMG]

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rick that is funny. I also have 12lb ers under my bench

8. hotwater

hotwater Active Member

Just picked up 8 lbs of 700x at Guns Unlimited Omaha NE today. They had a few more

Wayne

9. Brady509

Are you kidding me? So should I stock up on 7625 then? What is a good comp for PB other then 7625?
    It never fails FM. First clay and inter- clays now this.

10. Wazman

Wazman TS Member

Try Recobs. They had PB 8 lb in stock.

11. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

how much you willing to pay?????MX8Dave

12. Brady509

Well Dave im up for a good ol' fleecing once in a while. I thought you loaded greendot though. I cant find any anywhere I look. Thinking about giving the gentleman in Pa a call tomorrow. I just have a hard time believing I need to call west to east coast for some powder.

Besides I sure there are shooters over there that would enjoy the ability to purchase locally.

Brady

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Ross, could you explain your last sentence?

In 1962 Hi-Skor became DuPonts first double based flake powder for shotguns since the split of the powder company. Hercules keep all the double base, and Dupont IMR keep all the ball.

In 1964 HISKOR 700X was introduced, it's a double based flake powder that is faster burning than Hi-Skor. By the end of 1966 Dupont ended production of Hi-Skor in favor of HISKOR 700X. You can see from the old manual below, Hi-Skor took a lot more powder. PB will never go away. It' just not being produced at the rate of the other more popular IMR powders are.

And for the record, Steve Hodgdon told me they did not buy IMR. They bought the rights to distribute it.

Wayne

[​IMG]

14. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

If you are having trouble finding PB, try Green Dot. That's on my list of powders to buy. I know several 'good" shooters that use the stuff. P-master comes to mind.

Rick in MT

15. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

No, DO NOT try Green Dot. STAY AWAY from Green Dot, you won't like it.

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'm down to my last 50 lbs. of PB. I've been shooting plenty of Green Dot and can't really see a significant difference except for drop accuracy. I'll survive without PB!!

17. Landshark

Landshark Member

Plenty of PB, 7625, and a couple of 4 pounders of 700X down here in Houston Texas. Sorry, not a Haz-Maz shipper yet.

Big Guy's Shooting Supply

18. Zoom.Golly

Zoom.Golly Well-Known Member

Ross - PB is imported.

Wayneo - Good catch on who makes PB.

19. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Wayneo--- You are correct IMR powders have been made in Canada since the US factory burned or whatever happened. I used the original HI-SKOR until the last of it disappeared (around the late 60s in my area), then went to 700X or Red Dot, when 700X went way up in price a few years ago I used RD, as of late I've gone to Promo. So far I'm satisfied with Promo, I use the "faster" rate powders because I load 7\8 oz. in STS with TGT wad, & yes do get a slightly sunken crimp but they work fine for me. Ross Puls

20. Brady509

Still lookin folks.

brady

Search tags for this page

imr pb powder for sale

pb powder for sale

what happened to pb powder