1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the outrage?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ftlupton, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

If you check a little closer several big heads have rolled over this as well they should. One reporter said the president was furious and more head rolling is coming. Actually I like the new defense secretary Gates, he looks like he means business and takes names and kicks a****. They deserve the very best we have and it is up to us to let everybody in charge that is what we expect.
    ftlupton

2. lctrapshooter

lctrapshooter Active Member

Typical LIBERAL thread, W's War: Remember Kobar Towers, USS Cole,First World Trade Center attack, Twin Towers, 911?

Bloodbath: Remember WW1,Woodrow Wilson (D)116,516 dead, FDR (D) WW2 405,399 dead, Harry S Truman (D) Korean War 36,574 dead, JFK (D) Viet Nam 58,200 dead.Desert Storm GHW Bush (R) 382 deaths. None of these BLOODBATHS resulted from any country attacking the United States!!! War is HELL and people get killed in wars, always have and always will.

Fifty people will die today in traffic accidents, of which 20% will be alcohol or drug related accidents. Today 3,500 innocent unborn babies will be murdered, under Roe V Wade, the womans right to choose. Where is the outrage?

There is NO outrage from MOST Americans, they are more interested in American Idol, Anna Nicole Smith, The Acadamy Awards, and the lying Senator from New York. Quote "If I would have known then what I know now I wouldn't have voted for the war."

Nuff Said,

Frank Fortyone

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Quote: "Bloodbath: Remember WW1,Woodrow Wilson (D)116,516 dead, FDR (D) WW2 405,399 dead, Harry S Truman (D) Korean War 36,574 JFK (D) Viet Nam 58,200 dead.Desert Storm GHW Bush (R) 438 deaths. None of these BLOODBATHS resulted from any country attacking the United States!!! War is HELL and people get killed in wars, always have and always will."

Correction - A passenger ship torpedoed by a German U-Boat in WWI with a large loss of American lives. This attack directly led to our declaring war on Germany and Austria.

Correction - Ever hear of Pearl Harbor? That sneak attack directly led to our declaring war on Japan. Germany signed a treaty with Japan requiring mutual declarations of war, so in turn Germany declared war on us and immediately attacked our shipping.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Question of the day: What would FDR and/or HST done on 9/11? And for that matter, how does the handling of Iraq differ from Post-WW2 Japan.

Think about it.

As Far as the Walter Reed fiasco, outrage is swelling as the reporting gets done.

Doggai, I think you jumped the gun a little.
    Better get a release button on your "enter" key.

HM

5. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

doggai,

Good attempt at an old left wing strategy. But please try and find something a little more credible to base your complaints of George Bush on. Had you said he is a bad President because he has not done anything to stop illegal immigration, achieve dependency from foreign oil or some other legitimate complaint, you might have looked like something other then a far left nut that can’t formulate a credible argument on any topic, but you didn’t. The fact is that this administration is dealing correctly with a problem and not only are heads rolling concerning the perpetrators of the poor care, but also heads of those that looked the other way and kept this information out of the spot light will roll as well.

6. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

Are they still planning to close Walter Reed after they fix it up? I suppose the howls of outrage will echo down the halls of Congress. ;)

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166704,00.html

August, 2005

"WASHINGTON — The federal Base Realignment and Closure Commission has recommended to close the world-renowned Walter Reed Army Medical Center outside Washington, D.C. as part of the Pentagon's plan to restructure military bases across the country.

If the plan is approved, the hospital would move most staff and services to the National Naval Medical Center in nearby Bethesda, Md., to create an expanded facility and streamline medical services. The new center will be renamed "Walter Reed."

Other staff members may be moved to a community center at Fort Belvoir in Northern Virginia. The decision could affect 1,300 people who work at the venerable Walter Reed facility, which has treated presidents, senators and foreign leaders as well as soldiers and veterans.

"Kids coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan, all of them in harm's way, deserve to come back to 21st-century medical care," commission Chairman Anthony Principi (search) said Thursday. "But the hospital is old; it needs to be modernized."

One-time costs, including construction and renovations, would total $989 million. The Pentagon would save $301 million over 20 years by consolidating operations at the naval hospital, the commissioners said. The expanded facility would be renamed Walter Reed. The current hospital has about 185 beds, but the expanded facility would have 340.

(Story continues below)"

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I am sure that my Senator from Missouri (Bondo) is the originator of shouting "WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE???". Why wasn't he using the same phrase for the conditions of the hospital care of our troops?? Oh hell, he probably wouldn't have enough votes from us dumb hillbillys -- what was I thinking?? ....merlyn...

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The only blood bath I see is the ass whipping doggai is getting from the fine folks at TS.com.

Hey you liberal POS; you better have your shxt together before you take on this bunch. Bwahahahaaaaa!!

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

This has been going on since the vietnam war nothing new here. Really think it's going to change? I doubt it. JMHO Bill

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

If a dumocrat president had allowed that to happen, not only would heads not roll, but the pot licker would be cheered by liberal crony's!

11. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

"Typical LIBERAL thread, W's War: Remember Kobar Towers, USS Cole,First World Trade Center attack, Twin Towers, 911?

Bloodbath: Remember WW1,Woodrow Wilson (D)116,516 dead, FDR (D) WW2 405,399 dead, Harry S Truman (D) Korean War 36,574 JFK (D) Viet Nam 58,200 dead.Desert Storm GHW Bush (R) 438 deaths. None of these BLOODBATHS resulted from any country attacking the United States!!! War is HELL and people get killed in wars, always have and always will.

Fifty people will die today in traffic accidents, of which 20% will be alcohol or drug related accidents. Today 3,500 innocent unborn babies will be murdered, under Roe V Wade, the womans right to choose. Where is the outrage?

There is NO outrage from MOST Americans, they are more interested in American Idol, Anna Nicole Smith, The Acadamy Awards, and the lying Senator from New York. Quote "If I would have known then what I know now I wouldn't have voted for the war."

Frank's post deserves to be sent to the top again!

12. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

If Bush and his boys didn;t know after four years of war the conditions in these VA hospitals they dam well should of. This means theve never paid a visit to Walter Reed hospital, and if they did they didn;t realy give a dam. Eather way they live up to what most knew all along there just plane no dam good.

13. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

The news media devoted more to Anna Nicole Smith's death than Walter Reed.

Yep,if you don't support the White House you are not supporting our Troops.

The House Armed Services Committee noted that Walter Reed awarded a five-year,$120 million contract to IAP Worldwide services,which is run by Al Neffgen,a former senior Halliburton official.

The committee also noted that more than 300 fedreal employees providing facilities management services at Walter Reed dropped to fewer than 60 by Feb. 3, the day before IAP took over facilities management. IAP replaced the remaining 60 people with 50 private workers.

Yes, I support the troops even after they get home.

A lot of people the only sacrifice they have made due to this War is paying more to fill their vehicle up.

My wife and I had a phone call from Baghdad International Airport Sat. morning
    at 10AM. How many calls have some of you had?

We have four over there.
    One two tours and wounded twice.

I think we all need to get United,yes United, and hope and pray we can get this conflict resovled and bring everyone home.

If this War ends tomorrow, we need more than ever to support our troops when they get home.

Yet, they want to cut the VA benefits. This would show support for our troops,and a job well done.

Bo

14. Highpockets

Highpockets Member

I'm surprised nobody on here has blamed it on Clinton yet! I guess we'll have to settle for attacks on the media that reported it.

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Of course no one has blamed Klinton this did not go on under Klinton just the Bush era. But now that you said something what did Klinton do when he was in office to correct the problem?? Or is this a brand new situation? No he did squat. At least Bush is admitting there is a problem and a plan to correct or at least try. So it must be new this term of office I guess.

Hospitals get to a point that staff infections can not be controlled at this point most hospitals move to the new wing.

Rock

Jim

16. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Jim, I think this has been going on before Bush.
    This Gates I am impressed with. Where in the heck has he been?

The VA hospital I have been to many times is very clean,but under staffed.

Bo

17. TC

TC TS Member

Need to keep things in perspective. The main issue here is the condition of the hotel or living quarters for outpatient services, not the hospital itself. The other issue is the lack of timely response in the VA system. Tony

18. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Bush administration, Clinton administration? You can go back to any administration and you won’t find blame. The problem is caused by a typical attitude found in many lifetime government employees. Whether you’re talking about the state DMV, state Workers Comp, the IRS or any other government agency. These people (not all) have consistently shown an indifference and lack of caring for those that they are paid to serve.

It’s a refreshing change when someone like Gates has the balls to rock their little bureaucratic world and even better, when the President backs the ax man. To bad President Bush’s United Nations ax man got the political boot from the new Democratically controlled congress. (I know he resigned, but only because he knew he could not be confirmed).

We need more Gates and Bolton’s in key watchdog positions!

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This morning's news had one of the honchos telling how hard it was to get staffe there, because the plan is to close it down in 3-4 years. Not good job security. I would hope they would include transfer to the new facility 8 miles away, with all benefits retained.

Maybe it's all part of a "vast left wing conspiracy".

HM

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

lctrapshooter I think that you didn't state your case correctly. You said "None of these BLOODBATHS resulted from any country attacking the United States!!!" then you said that " Hawaii was NOT the United States." I believe you should have said that no country attacked the continental United States.

AS far as I am concerned any country that attacks a US ship or ships a US military instillation or anything else that flies the American Flag is the United States. If you don't see it that way I feel sorry for you. There are very few things that are sacred in this country anymore But I believe that the Flag is one thing that must remain sacred. If that does not happen all those that died to defend it would have died in vane. That can never be allowed to happen.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.