1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the NRA?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pre-64, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

I expected to see a statement by the NRA regarding the shootings in Connecticut, but have not. I went to the NRA website and attempted to submit a comment but it's not accepting any? Are they keeping their head-in-the-sand on this?
    I've been a Life Member for almost 40 years and haven't had any issues with them reaching me or vice versa. Can anyone suggest another way?
    Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Unlike the mainstream media, the Government and the anti-gun whackos, the NRA is paying some respect to the victims. I suspect when the Government starts pushing legislation through they will have our backs as they always do.

3. t7731

t7731 Member

Check again. They have made a statement.

NRA STATEMENT
    The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads,
    sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the
    horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.
    Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time
    for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.
    The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never
    happens again.
    The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area
    on Friday, December 21.
    Details will be released to the media at the appropriate time.

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

the nra is conferring with who it represents: firearms manufacturers. do the math. good luck with it

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

In the NRA's defense, for now the smart thing is for them to remain silent, or release the kind of statement they did. This is not the time for any gun rights organization to get into a pi**ing match with the leftist media, a match they WILL lose. Anything they say is going to be jumped on and distorted terribly. I think remaining low key is probably the smart move until the gun debate gets out of the "emotions rule" stage.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Well said wireguy.

7. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Wire Guy- exactly what I was thinking. Anything they say will be used against them, and us.

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Got a call from them yesterday. How many others?

Steve

9. t7731

t7731 Member

From the NRA? Why were they calling?

10. Garry

Garry Active Member

NRA breaks silence on ‘horrific and senseless’ Newtown massacre. See link above.

11. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Glad they are saying nothing smart move! They will speak I hear on Friday and after that I bet you will hear the NRA LOUD and CLEAR !

12. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Why must the NRA jump when the media says so? Circus has been callin out the NRA for days for an ambush. The NRA had nothing to do with the crime, The perpetrator did. Ya can't talk sense to an emotional froth.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The less said right now the better. That includes all the BS on here right now. Wireguy nailed it

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ithink they are in just as much shock as we are.

15. trap72

trap72 Member

Did any of you have a child or a grandchild in this shooting? When the NRA speak, they need to agree on a ban on mass murder weapons.

16. 548

548 Guest

The NRA is not about you, it is about the money. They represent firearms manufacturers and the hedge funds that own them. For a small donation they just let you feel like you are part of the process.

17. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

I guess my email to them this morning had the desired effect!! :)
    jh

18. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

trap72,

What exactly is a "mass murder weapon", are you talking about nuclear weapons?

19. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Is that the same kind of gun that was used in the fast & furious?

20. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

An NRA representitive said they are preparing a statement to be announced on the 21st. I think they are showing class. Only a low life scuzzball would start making political statements while the families are standing by the grave site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.