1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the Cop when you really need him

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

We always see some Dope of a driver doing something to piss off a lot of people and there is never a cop around (they are usually behind a bridge abutment with a radar gun collecting taxes)

But this morning it was a different story, traffic jam on the highway as they rebuild a bridge and they are constantly diverting traffic from left or right lane each morning. This morning the signs started about a mile before the construction, left lane ends merge right, these signs continued each 1/4 mile, then the cones started for 1/4 as the lane disappeared. Traffic was regular busy morning traffic (for New Hampshire anyway) cars were lined up in the right lane.

Behind me I spied an A Hole blowing by everyone on the left, one truck made a half hearted attempt to block him, but he sweared onto the shoulder and gave the truck the finger on the way by, just great! I flipped him off as he blew by me and he continued to the end of the lane where he had to slow and merge in, creating a jam where we all had to stop to let him in.....this occurred right in FRONT OF A NH Trooper who was parked at the merge, the Trooper pointed at him and made him pull in behind the cones for a talking to....the best part, as I inched by, I was able to yell encouragement to the cop and see the guy look over too.....yep, I think it is gonna be a good rest of the day!!!

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Frank, I had the great honor to deal with folks like that trying to escape the SF Bay Area toward Tahoe each summer friday afternoon. I was always encouraged by the civil drivers and their families when they cheered my efforts and rewarded me with offers of sodas or a banana. There were times when I'd have to jump on the scooter and escape the scene long enough to reload the cite book. Ahh, were I only that young again.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that this Ahole got stopped. Ahole thing that they are the only ones that matter. Low lifes should be made top go to the end of the line and start over!

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Frank, you got love it when it works.

A few years ago returning home from a trip, an Ahole decided to ride my bumper with his brites on, three lanes and wich ever I was in he was right there. I fianl got far enough over the speed limit that he was n't right there, but still had his brites on when I passed that Highway Patrolman with radar. As he came out on the highway my only thought was At least those brites won't be there after this!

In my rearview I saw the patrol car come up get between me and Mr brite and thought "well here come the flashers", after a longer pause then I thought it would take they finally came on...............

Behind Mr (not so) brite!

They're not always were you want or hope they will be.

But when they are.........

They are a GOD send!

AL

5. Frank C

Timb99.....was it you??

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

That or a quarter.

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

ctreay. Love your light set-up. I bet it's kinda like a bolt of lightning to the knothead behind you.

8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Always remember that when seconds count the cops are only minutes away.

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Most of the signs I have seen say the lane ends in 1/2 mile, 1500 feet, 1000 feet, etc. It is not a violation of law to continue in that lane until the merge if you break no other laws such as speeding or driving on the shoulder in the process. I saw a police officer pull over two truckers one morning for driving side by side blocking the lane that was ending to prevent other drivers from using it.

10. Brad Metcalf

Brad Metcalf TS Member

I guess all those signs that start a mile before the actual lane closure telling you to merge are OK to ignore????????

I also can't stand the jack azzs who keep right on honking by everyone else then think they should be let in at the last second.

They are the ones who cause accident's when they force everyone who did merge when the sign tells them to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the jerk.

I guess his time is more valuable than mine.

11. Frank C

Hey TimB99, we all know your kind.....do you also push old ladies out of the way at the register at the market, after all, there is no sign....sigh....

12. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Well, there are still those among us who get p***ed at the rude ones among us. It's all about common courtesy, which like common sense, seems to be increasingly uncommon. That's all it is. Like several others on this post, I'm well familiar with the driving practices of folks from the Bay Area. I finally got 'home' to Oregon a few years ago and was astounded by the polite drivers here, the ones who merge before the last minute, who wave a person into line, stuff like that.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

ou.3200,,,,how did the police officer _know_ that the truckers were 'blocking' others from using that lane???? They may have been just doing what the 4 wheelers were doing,,,,waiting for a safe place to merge....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.