1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Steve W?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Veta, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Steve W is a freind of mine and i have not seen any postings or comments from him in some time. He lives just a few miles from me and i have tried calling him with no success. My cousin saw him about six weeks ago at a local gun club. he may be out of the country on business. Anyone out there know if Steve W is ok? I would appreciate it if someone can post anything they might know. Steve if you read this let us know.
    Thanks,

Jim Veta

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Jim, before I saw this, I never thought of anyone would remotely care about my well-being. Thank you my friend.

I was on a 3 weeks trip to Asia, mostly business, but got invited to see the World Expo in Shanghai while I was there. I'm back now. See you tomorrow.

3. Steve W

BTW, thought I'd share some picture with you if you've never been to Shanghai.

stevew_2008_030356.jpg

The west bank of the most westernized & capitalized city in China that has a total population of 21,000,000

It's a city I did't feel I am in a communist country.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Steve: Did you check out the Pearl of the Orient TV/Radio Tower when you were there? AMAZING, as are the pictures inside showing all the construction in Shanghai over the past decade or so. The size of that city makes Chicago seem like South Bend.

-Gary

5. Steve W

Gary, yes I did, here's the other side of the river

stevew_2008_030357.jpg

And yes, you're right about South Bend, IN. :)

6. Steve W

Shall I make an O/T thread about the pictures I took in Shanghai? Not sure trapshooters would be interested.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Steve,

I was in Shanghai for 3 weeks in November 2003.

Yes, it is a center of capitalism, the likes of which most Westerners wouldn't believe. I imagine even more so, 7 years later.

Its funny to think about it, but there are cities over there with 8 to 10 million people in them that most Americans have never heard of.

I went to Wenzhou for a couple of days. City of nearly 8 million people. I'd never heard of it before then.

8. Steve W

I was surprised how many people speaks English in Shanghai.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Few Americans realize that China has about the same number of English speaking people as the U.S.

-Gary

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Please post the pictures; was there in April 2010. Did you get into the big "Bottleopener" Building?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.