1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Ivanhoe?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shelly, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelly

shelly TS Member

Where is Mr. Lawless?????? I've really missed the we-we contests he constantly instigated- they were highly entertaining. His quoting everything everybody else said, along with his horrible grammar and verbosity were great!! Sure hope nothing bad happened to the gentleman.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

1) Bonked into the window while fighting his reflection & lying stunned on the porch.

2) Engaged in long-distance "Less Filling / Great Taste" phone argument with Dr. Longshot.

3) Calling every name in the EC directory asking if they have Prince Albert in a can.

4) Sitting with his engine idling in Fulmer's parking lot, waiting for the fight.

5) Out burying acorns.

6) Copying everything BIGDON posts and texting it back to him, with the words, "I don't think so" added to the end.

7) Trying to figure out how that darn shell dismantler works?

8) In India posting under the pseudonym "Gene777."

9) Representing JerBear in a phony advertising lawsuit against WalMart...(3rd appeal).

10) Privately reassuring Barry Roach that he can't stand Brian in Oregon's posts either.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz-Gun's roll continues.

-Gary

PS: Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Let's just be thankful we got it.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

All this time I thought he was taking the self confidence course " How to be liked by your friends and family" written and hosted by Pee Wee Herman.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

(As I bow). Nice job buzz!

ss

6. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Ivanhoe is a hamlet best known for its cheese factory on Highway 62
    20 km north of Belleville Ontario Canada

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

He's O.K.---Don't knock him---He always gave us interstering post---I miss him.
    Hope he returns---Come on Ivanhoe---MYSTIC---

8. shelly

shelly TS Member

Fortunately, nothing bad has happened to the great one. While he's quite shy these days, he did send me this private message:

"Tell me Shelly just what are you trying to instigate??? Trouble I bet that seems to be what you are good for starting trouble.
    Bob Lawless"

Mystery solved- and it appears that he has retained his bubbly personality. Buzz, you're too much. LOL

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I dunno why you guys are picking on Bob. He's one of the better assets of this site. And he hasn't left. He's made posts even today.

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Mr Lawless does his part to keep the site from sinking into boredom.

B

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

He has an opinion and shares it. Some of you obviously can't handle that. You are such great contributors in your own right.

Don

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Break! Break!

Ivanhoe just PM'ed me...he's all right! He's all right, everybody...the wait is over. A couple left-handed insinuations about my beverage-consumption habits, but mostly just letting us know he's ok.

Whew...I'm glad that's over. Group hug, anyone?

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

He's alive and well. I have a bunch of PMs based on another thread where somehow he has blamed me for all of the misery on his life. I can't even figure out what his problem is, since he has cut and pasted everything he, and everyone else has ever said. I tried to give him a hand, but all he could do was complain. It's really hard to read some of his posts and just as bad in a PM. I gave up. No offense bob, but language skills are important. Coherency is a good thing. Mountain Dew and Red Bull are not good communication tools.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Working on getting his Class B Singles average up!!

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I tried to give him a hand, but all he could do was complain."

Here is just a little of the advice you gave me.

"Poke around and figure out how to make it work. Get under the hood and see how to make it work the way YOU want it to, or bash the heck out of something new, because you won't spend the time to figure it out."

Try to follow along read the whole thing not just the parts that you want to read. You might find it easier to understand that way. You said,

"Get under the hood and make it work the way you want it to"

Well when I buy a new car I don't get under the hood and make it work the way I want it to. I get in and drive it if it doesn't run the way it should it goes back. When it goes back it doesn't need to go three thousands mile to get service like the computer does.

This brings up another problem how do I convey the problems to the company, three thousand miles away??? After all according to you I am not coherent how would I make them understand the problems I am having.

"More of your expert advice, I would be happy to help you out. Grow a little thicker skin and stop looking at every post as a personal attack".

I look at personnel attacks as attacks nothing more and many of your statements are personnel attacks.

"It appeared you complained about Windows, Agreed with another poster about it being a POS. Mentioned something about it being Microsoft's problem because your cameras didn't work. All that rather than asking for or seeking a solution to the issues you were having."

Never said any of that after the first comma.

"When in doubt, ask Micro$oft. They have a wealth of information in their forums and so many unsuspecting people that you can newly agitate.:)"

You absolutely give great advice all of these quotes are sterling examples of your advice.

Well in the first place I didn't ask for your advice and I didn't address you directly in the open forum until you you gave advice!!!!!!!!!!

"Size the Window to what you want, then hold down the left "Shift" key, then close the program with the Red "X" in the top right corner while holding the "Shift" key. It should then open up at the new size from then on. There are some exceptions to this, but it works with many Windows programs."

I responded as seen in the next quote

"Quack Shot FYI that little trick doesn't work on my computer with Windows 7 OS.

Then I got more of your expert advice,

"Where did the original poster say anything about IE? IE can also respond to the process I posted, but it depends on which IE you open. When in doubt, ask Micro$oft. They have a wealth of information in their forums and so many unsuspecting people that you can newly agitate.:)"

You definitely give help all right let me see what was it you said, OH YA "I would be happy to help you out." Well remind me to stay away for your oh so expert help.

If you feel it is your obligation to defend the computer industry and Microsoft in particular. Don't waste your time lecturing me. If I feel that any part of windows or it components is a POS remember I paid for the privilege whether you like it or not.

Bob Lawless

16. shelly

shelly TS Member

Looks like quack shot smoked him out and got him quoting yet again- LOL. Threw in a little we-we and verbosity for good measure too.

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

oleolliedawg---I don't know how to respond to the cheap shot you made to "B" shooters---To me you insulted all "B" shooters---Are you "AA" or "AAA"?
    If not ,maybe you should be working on your game also---How do you treat "B" shooters at your club?YOU MUST BE A REAL joy---In your opinion,are "AAA" shooters more qualified to post on TSs than a "B" shooter.I think you need to apologize for your disrespect to all "B" shooters---JMO----MYSTIC---

18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Mystic don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen he is above all the every day shooter in the ATA he is the only one that matters.

Bob Lawless

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

To me he sounds like he gets his kicks out of using others to make a joke---
    I don't know what your average is and it is not important to the title of this thread----As I said---He must be a real JOY at his club---I'm sure he uses that tactic where he travels---I'v seen that kind many times through life---It takes all kinds---MYSTIC---

20. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Damn you had to ask. Now he's back. I enjoyed the fact that he wasn't around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.