1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where I found the best handgun bullet deal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I recently went shopping for lead bullets. After doing quite a bit of research I settled on Mastercast in Pa. While I shoot everything from 9mm to 45colt my average cost per bullet worked out to 7.44cts a bullet. Now keep in mind these are all hardcast lead. No jacketed. I found them to be quite pleasant to talk to and order from. Jim

2. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

May give them some business. Not trying to hijack, but I will put in a plug for K&D Cartridge in New Jersey. Great prices, service and product, and will size to your specs.

K

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

On the opposite side of the state.

I use Better Bullets in K of P - also carries a full line of reloading supplies, shells and guns (more on the pistol and rifle side).

Does some class III as well.

Nice to see these small businesses doing well.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I've had good success in. 38 with Magnus swaged 148 gr hbwc and Dardas for. 45 acp in 185 and 200 gr. Swc

5. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

While King appears to be about the same as Mastercast, Mastercast will give some breaks on price once you order about 12k of bullets. My gun club refuses to get involved in the bullet business with anyone who makes them. Too bad. Cause, if they did the members could do a large order all at once and really knock the per-price per bullet down to an average price nearing 6cts a piece. Best deal I've found on large orders is 20% off 75k bullets or more. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.