1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Has All the Ammo Gone?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by otnot, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have been trying to buy bricks of .22 long rifle for weeks with no luck. Then I started trying to find primers for rifle and pistol. No luck. And just today I tried to find .308 brass. No Luck. I have looked online,locally and it looks like there isn't even an option to backorder primers. What the hell is going on?

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Seems like everybody is getting ready for the revolution.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

You must have just woke up from the Election in Nov. 2012.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The day after the election I ordered ammo big time, glad I did, even then some was on back order, I had to wait for the 12,500 22LR's most was still in stock back then though

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

He who dies with the most ammo wins.

jim brown

6. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Ammo is like gold, the only way you can have too much is if you are trying to swim to shore with it in your pockets.

Michael

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Try ordering AR magazines; I went on Midway's website today; all 30 & 40 rounders of one particular brand (I didn't check other brands) were out of stock and backorder not accepted. Also checked a 12 round S&W .22 magazine for a Model 41, same thing. Other news: As American Express will be cutting 5,400 workers soon, I bet .22 & .223 manufacturers are working 24/7. Lead prices according to Kitco closed at $1.0562 per pound. I believe lead will be out performing silver & gold. It's nice to know that we can be saved by minting a trillion dollar platinum coin according to some Einstein (not to be confused with Feinstein) in Washington, D.C. . God, I love this country. BT100dc

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

PANIC: One Million AR-15 Magazines On Backorder...

According to the gun review site, "Haus of Guns," backorders for the Magpul AR-15 30-round magazine ("PMAG") have surpassed one million.

In a Facebook post dated today, January 9, Haus of Guns writes the following:

"Had breakfast with a buddy who has reasonably close ties to the Magpul family. Word is the great PMAG panic backorder of 2012/13 has topped 1 million at Magpul HQ."

Magpul is a designer and manufacturer of firearms accessories. The PMAG is one of their most popular products. It is a 30-round magazine designed for the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

Sales of firearms, ammunition and firearms accessories have surged in recent weeks over fears that the Obama administration will soon implement stricter gun laws.

Dianne Fenstien (D-Calif.) plans on introducing legislation that would ban military-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Because the PMAG holds 30 rounds, it would fall under the definition of "high-capacity" in the Feinstein bill.

But, before any such legislation occurs, gun enthusiasts are scouring the nation to get their hands on what could be some of the last manufactured PMAGs.

Jerbear

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's Obama's plan for recovery! Stimulate the firearms and ammunition industries!

His plan is spilling over into the reloader industry too. P/W Auto-Drives are out six weeks right now. The Dillon guys are snapping them up.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

10. t901

t901 Member

I was at Gander today had alot of 22lr, also had 223 and 308 said they get a shipment about once a week of ammo

11. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Ok, here's a bit of advice that may help you, perhaps more in the future than at the moment. Election years are a real BAD time to be buying any kind of ammo, component, magazine, etc. Non election years when the shelves are full and the prices are reasonable are a GOOD time to be buying any kind of ammo, component, magazine, etc.

While I do feel your pain, as with many things in life, plan ahead and have a little something in reserve.

12. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Ammo seens to be hard to find and costly I do hope this wil change I will not buy out of fear ! if people would stop buying prices will drop....I hope !

13. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

ONEDOLLARBILL...You are correct. Panic buying does drive the market. Last time it took about two years before the prices receded some and the availability returned. Note, I said the prices receded "some".

The sellers of ammo learn that the public will pay the higher price for ammo and have no reason to reduce the price fully until there is a great excess of product. I do not see the great excess for some time.

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gander Mountain here in Amarillo is out of ammo. They won't tell you their next shipment. They are the highest priced in Amarillo. Go there about once a month for bargains, but there are none.

15. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

Went into Palmetto Distributors today and they just received a shipment of PMAGS (30 rounders), the manager said he refused to list scalpers prices-sold them for 17.00 each with a iimit of 5. Sold every magazine in a hour-props to Mark for holding his ground on the prices!!

16. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Many half baked people with no safe storage for what they have purchased.

Stolen stuff misused is a bad outcome.

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Turkeys start panicking just before Thanksgiving....this is no Panic....it is a sober assessment of what is coming up....remember, there are some IMBECILES here that did not vote, voted for a third party candidate or, worse, voted for the Obama.....

18. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

19. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Lyrics by Jackson browne;

Give us twenty minutes and we'll give you the world
    We bring good things to life
    The news you need from people you can count on
    Doing what we do best

The heartbeat of America
    Your true voice
    You're in good hands
    Now more than ever before

And in the flickering light and the comforting glow
    You get the world every night as a TV show
    The latest spin on the shit we're in, blow by blow
    And the more you watch, the less you know

Beyond the hundred million darkened living rooms
    Out where the human ocean roars
    Into the failing light, the generations go
    Heading for the information wars

Do people really spend millions upon millions
    To make us think we care about the planet
    At the same time polluting and looting the only world we've got
    So they can maximize their profit?
    People do.

The heartbeat of America
    Your true voice
    For the life of your business
    It's everywhere you want to be

And there's a front row seat for the precious few
    The latest war as a pay-per-view
    Famine and disaster right in front of you
    And the more you watch, the less you do

Beyond the hundred million darkened living rooms
    Out where the human ocean roars
    Into the failing light, the generations go
    Heading for the information wars

Sorry, does not appear as verse on this page.TM

20. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I think I have plenty of ammo (I hope )I added a little more thursday A local rural king had a managerial screw up He priced hornady zombie max ammo at 12.99 a box instead of 21.99 Bought all 24 boxes The manager will probably catch a lot of hell for his screw up. Now where do you hunt zombies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.