1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Do You Look?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

On 16 yard and Caps, where do you look for the target? You looking @ trap house lid, over the barrel, or? I have been experimenting with different look points, and was just curious to what others are using?

Matt

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trapgirl's hooters...that's my problem.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Look into empty space and don't focus on anything.

4. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Ask 2,000 trapshooters this question, and you will get 3,000 different answers.

bluedsteel

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

try this article

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I hold my gun just below the trap house roof and I look in the area about 12 inches above the roof. Sometimes I see the target well, other times I don't. For handicap (27) I hold a lower gun and look in the same area.

Pat Ireland

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Pat Ireland - Do you use that hold on all the posts? And at all clubs? I see some traps that are hardly above ground level, others several feet above.

8. 870compman

870compman TS Member

I started doing this and it works. What it basicaly says is watch the target and not the shotgun. I have oven wondered why the fast flying quail are easy to hit. It is because your focus is on the target not the gun.

I watched a young shooter shoot skeet at our club Sunday and he was not hitting any targets. When he stepped up to post 5 I stopped him before he shot. I had the bug and told him to call for a target and not shoot. Just watch the target. He smoked the next target, a high house #5.

He did not get all of the last targets but he started hitting more of them.

the 870compman

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

mrskeet410Yes, that is my desired hold on every post and at every club. I want to see the target just as it clears the front of the house. There are times when I start to hold my gun a little higher, especially on singles. I am frequently very rudely reminded to get the gun back down. I shoot with one eye.

When I am shooting I can't think about too many things. I try to concentrate on keeping into the gun and seeing the target. I don't think much about things of lesser importance like an exact hold point.

Pat Ireland

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Haven't figured it out as yet, hence my continued hearing that "L" word. LOL Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.