1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

where do you buy #11 or #12 shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Landyn16, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landyn16

Landyn16 TS Member

I would like to try some #11 or #12 size shot in my .410 for shooting rats but i have not been able to find it. Do you know if they still make it. and if they do where can i get some. thanks

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have about 100 #'s of number 12 shot - Where are you located??

I am in suburban Philadelphia - happy to get some to you.

David D

3. Landyn16

Landyn16 TS Member

hello, i live in oregon. i have had people send me around 10lb of shot in a flat rate envelope and it works great. and only costs like $4.95 to send it all the way across the US. how much do you charge per pound. thanks

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

9's work great for shooting rats. I suspect that 12's will be too small for all but head shots. I loaded some 12's and shot 16 yard trap and they wouldn't break the target but would knock the whole outside of the rim off. We killed over 200 rats one night at a dairy with 1/2 oz of 9's. they really worked great. Jeff

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

OK - several people are interested in this stuff...

I have two fifty pound bags from Illinois Lead Shot Company, the bags are shot, so it is loose - I have it all stored in an ammo can (A BIG ammo can). I was thinking a sixteen Oz. plastic soda bottle sent through the US Mail. I need to figure how much this weighs to figure a price - we can go from there...

A little bit goes a long way with this stuff...

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail (drop the 'X's), so I can respond directly to you.

Once I figure how much a bottle weighs I'll post a price here too.

David

6. Landyn16

Landyn16 TS Member

I cant seem to get your email to go through with or without the x's maybe you can email me. my email is. landyn16@cmspan.net and yes i would like to get my hands on some. thanks

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

put it in some type of sturdy bag and use the usps flat rate box. like the man said it's about 8 dollars and that is any weight. Not sure about the 4 dollar deal but make sure that it does not leak out in shipping. Check with the post office as they probably loose money on the flat rate deal motordoc

8. Landyn16

Landyn16 TS Member

HSLDS are you there, I have not heard back from you.

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Looks like five pounds fills a 12 ounce bottle. My 'good' scale maxes out at six pounds - more than that and I'm using a bathroom scale.

As I said before, a little goes a long way.

I've heard several different prices for the USPS - flat rate priority is $8.95 for this - as long as it fits into their boxes. I'm NOT sure if the cost covers the cost of the box too.

If all checks out I figure $20 for five pounds delivered is fair. I think I can add more bottles to each box if you want more - we can figure prices then - please e-mail (drop the X's).

I figure I have about 75 pounds left...

'landyn16' and 'Blaine' get first crack at this...

David D

10. Landyn16

Landyn16 TS Member

$4.00 a pound is 2x the going price for shot and is just more than i want to pay for it. thanks

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Landyn16,

FYI I am essentially charging $2 per pound - the rest is shipping.

I'm happy to combine for larger quantities, thus reducing shipping costs.

Ballistic Products is selling same for close to $40 for 10 pounds, plus shipping (http://shop2.mailordercentral.com/bpicart/prodinfo.asp?number=02612).

David D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.