1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do retailers purchase their shells-component

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by m fowler13, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m fowler13

m fowler13 Member

After a discussion on the subject of where retailers purchase their shells and loading components none of us had a reasonable answer. Do places such as Gamaliel Shooting Supply or Mid South Shooting Supply buy straight from say the Remington or Federal factories.Or is their a middle distributor to purchase from.I worked in a package store for 13 years and we ordered from wholesale warehouses that carried different products but had three or four major brands of liquors that they really pushed and discounted. If any one has the answer let us know. Thanks m fowler13

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Crow Shooting Supply is the distributor for Remington. They merged with Brownells a couple years ago. Gamaliel's buys direct from Remington.

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

It would depend on their sales volume. If they buy as much or near as much as distributors and as often I would imagine they could buy direct. Some manufacturers only sell direct like Benelli but require a large quatity purchase. I'm speaking from experience from some years ago. Times may have changed things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.