1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where did all the club shooters go?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ffwildcat, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Spent today (10am-2pm) at our local club (Coon Creek) and my boy and his best mate were the only two shooting and they shoot bunker. As we wrapped up a third shooter showed up for practice and she is also a bunker shooter.

Weird to see the trap line empty.

Nice sunny day, a bit cool and breezy but what's the deal?? Where did all the club shooters go?

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Has your hunting season begun?

Ed Yanchok

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Went up to Glen Park today (north west Indiana) alot of shooters . Just Pactice today but everyone was talking about the 40 dollar shot and 3 dollar gas . They had three traps going all afternoon very nice club and good targets .

Thanks guys

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

When the wind is blowing briskly at my house (in the foothills), generally the winds are really blowing at Coon Creek...I've learned that the hard way and I don't have a replacement shooting jacket yet. I can handle the cold or the wind, but I just can't do cold and windy. May be out tomorrow...maybe.

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Its so cold up here in Alaska that the shot freezes and falls to the ground before it gets to the target.Otherwise we'd be out shooting!

6. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Zardo,

Are you coming South this year??

Jon.

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Starshot2B...did you have closet shrinkage on your old jacket??? LOL

Spent all day yesterday at the gun show in Reno...couldn't endure 2 days of great fun.

JON

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Hey Jon -- nice to see ya! Yes on the closet shrinkage...it stinks when I think of the amount of money I've spent on shooting "clothes" and now I have to replace all of them!

Did you see anything good at the show? We almost went up yesterday...

Too cold and windy today, no shooting for me.. I have got to order me a shooting jacket!!!

9. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Myself and two others at my club today. A bit stormy (rain) but 45 degrees and fairly calm. I don't know how the club breaks even on these kind of days. Month ago I was the only shooter. Not like the good old days when about 10 of us would make a day of it, shooting practice and playing games. Ben

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Football cuts into our sunday shooting at our club. We need new lights also, keeping week night shooting down.

11. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

As usual me and Two Box showed up. We shot two rounds as always. I shot another two all by my lonesome. Been going that way since the Grand relocated in IL.

Guess I will have to pick up a sporting clays gun if I want to shoot.

Rock

Jim

12. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Today was cold, right about freezing, and windy at the club. I shot a couple of rounds, and my eyes were watering enough that it was hard to see the bird clearly. The parking lot was fairly full, but not a lot of shooting was going on. I don't remember seeing more than two squads on the line at any one time. We only paid the kids for 3 1/2 hours, so people didn't stay around to shoot as long as usual.That being said, the cash register tape shows sales of two junior tickets, 5 doubles tickets, twenty-three member tickets, and ten nonmember tickets. I only shot two rounds using tickets I had bought previously, and I imagine there are others who also used previously purchased tickets. There may be a shooter shortage elsewhere, but we are doing OK in Pocatello.

13. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Price of lead ????

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

They might have decided to shoot skeet instead?

15. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

I spent Turkey day in Loomis, so took my nephew out to Coon Creek on Friday, it was a little windy at the house, but you are right, it was honkin when we got there. Kinda went nuts shootin, did a bunch of trap, then couldn't help ourselves, had to shoot the sporting course. Wherever we went, there were a few folks, but just a few, sure made it nice, no pressure, but some nice folks to chat with. Ed has some if it right, there are several game clubs in the area and when we were there, some of the hunters that had not gotten enough shots in stopped by to shoot, so maybe some of the others drive out there, shoot the club and then just go home. As usual, the Aharts take care of everyone just fine.
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.