1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where did all the Browning deals go?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JAF1680, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

I recall last year towards the end of January there were Browning deals everywhere. Guns Unlimited had lots of Browning demos. Other dealers had large discounts on the 2009 models. Anyone know if there will not be any deals/demos this year or whether they will just be later?

Thanks,

Lisa

2. chourico

chourico TS Member

Lisa,just an opinion buy a ljutic an american made product it may help save your job down the road.We need to support USA companies.

3. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

When the last time you ever saw a Lutic on sale? It's always POR.

George Ware

4. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Think folks should consider American made products whenever they are even a close option.

But a $10,000 Ljutic and a $1,000 Browning for most folks are not in the same market. Just like a $10,000 car versus a $50,000 car.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Lisa,

The manufacturers have cut production back so as not dump a bunch of guns on the market. The deals are still out there, but not advertised. Find yourself a reputable dealer and make a deal on what you want.

ss

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

PS - Don't rule out used guns. There are some being sold on here that are 99% new at MUCH better deals than a NIB from the store. There is nothing wrong with buying a really clean used gun.

7. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

I'm actually looking for a friend that tried one of the Cynergy inflex stocks and loved it. I think part of it is because of the ability to reduce the length of pull without cutting down the stock. I told her I thought I could find one for her online for a good deal. Last year the Euro Sportings were only around $1699. Now it is hard to even find a field grade for that! The dealers I've looked at have them for over $3000!

Thanks for the info,

Lisa

8. superump

superump TS Member

As usual buying american is not affordable for everyone. Like others have said - with the economy do you want to buy an american made Lujtic at minimum of $8,000.00 plus or another good gun at 3 to 4 thousand. Do the math - my opinion thats why american made products are not selling - the middle class reugular Joes can't afford to, and then the american business's are the first to scream about the bad economy and low sales. In this day and age people have to be smart when spending money. I just looked at a new ford reugular 4 wheel drive pickup and the window sticker was $48,000.00 you bet buy american. My opinion only. Lisa - think used or keep checking the brownings and berettas there are some good new prices for them out there. Lisa also check with Erik at Cove Creek Outfitters in PA. they have some great prices on Brownings and are great people to deal with.

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

If you know the exact model that you want, put up a Want to Buy (WTB) post and see what people offer. There a lot of users on this site and someone might have one for sale.

10. motrap

motrap Member

For what its worth ....... I have shot many Ljutics over the years (and like them), but for "moral" comparison purposes of some of the comments, I think Browning pays the livelyhood of more Americans than does Ljutic ........ I'm just sayin' ....... Rudy

11. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Ljutics are great guns, but you can't compare them with Browning; they are simply in a different class.

I own both a Ljutic and a Cynergy. They are both great guns, but the Ljutic is far better made, and is much more robust.

Lisa, the deals are still out there. Above I've posted a link to one of the best deals you will find on a Cynergy with the Inflex pad.

Browning flooded the market too quickly when they introduced the Cynergy. That's what caused so many to be sold at really low prices. That glut has been largely used up and the new guns are going to cost more. That's simply the nature of things. As the popularity of the Cynergy goes up, and the "older crowd" gets used to the look, you will see the price of a Cynergy go up more. What is being sold today for $2K will be $2,800 as time goes by.

The Cynergy is really a nice gun. As the market place see that, it will gain value.

12. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Will the Cynergy eventually totally replace the Citori ?

13. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

if you buy a ljutic buy it used, they don't retain their value very well. Kolars also lose a lot of value. ljutics are a $4500 gun at best based upon most resale values. Pay more than that and you will face a big loss. They are built like tanks and would last you forever. People that ask you to buy American, are fortunate people who are living the part of the American dream, they have plenty of money to buy American. Not everyone has that option. Remington is still an American company, the 870s and 1100, 3200's still break birds, and cost less than you'd lose on a buying a ljutic. Buy what you can afford, shoot well.

14. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

Thanks Rastoff. Not as good of deal as last year, but it seems a lot more reasonable than most of them now.

15. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Lisa: Check Smileys Sports Shop I got my Citori XT from them at $1950 NIB $30S&H to my FFL. I searched the web endlessly for days looking at every available outfit. This one was the lowest price and they actually have stock. They have just about every model that Browning offers. Also this price new is less than many want for a used gun.

It doesn't matter what someone says they'll sell for if they have nothing to sell.

http://www.smileyssportsshop.com/browning.html

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.