1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I shoot Live birds

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bling 27, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I want to know where I can shoot live birds. The last place I seen a live bird shoot was at Elk Creek in KY several years ago. Thanks , Wayne

2. darr

darr Well-Known Member

You are going to have a hard time getting an answer to that question on a public forum.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Wayne....Most flyer shoots these days are by invitation only. Their wherabouts are guarded very carefully to eliminate any outside interference and bad publicity during the races. You might post where you live, and your email address. Perhaps, just perhaps, you will get an answer to your question. Another way to find them is to ask around the larger clubs and let it be known you are interested in shooting flyers. Someone will point you in the right direction. You won't however, get any input regarding when, and where to shoot flyers on this open site..Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

It just not going to happen. The big question is who the hell are you?

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Don't call them, they'll call you ! Maybe , maybe not !

6. spudwrench

spudwrench TS Member

gargoyle ask who you are? Seems to be a fed or local trying to get inside .
    anyone with a brain wouldn't ask a fool question like that

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Guy signs on TS and this is his first post and this is his first question? Git a huntin license guy. Hap

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

Don't be so rude people. Bling, you can shoot live birds wherever you find them.

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

We never talk about "Fight Club" here...

...but...

...If you have a patch of grass in your backyard, and the blackbirds are dumb enough to pass over it this fall...you're in! No entry fees, and the first 6,257 birds are free.

Cheers!

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

bling 27
    Ever hear of hunting season. Comes once a year.

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Visit a few clubs and start asking around. As posted above you aren't going to get an invite until somebody gets to know you and checks you out. The "flyer" shoots are carefully guarded for obvious reasons. There are a few in the south and S.W. When I was stationed out west there were some down on the Tex-Mex border. Most of the shooters were wealthly oil and cattle men along with some well off Mexican ranchers mixed in with some senior Military officers. It's still going on but not too often anymore. I've met some of the old live bird shooters like Rudy Etchen, Bob Allen and others and enjoyed their stories. I shot a few pigeons years ago, but somebody else was paying the freight. Unless you are "very comfotable" finacially, or just "one hell of a shot", it's pretty pricey for most. Too rich for my blood(and most working stiffs like me. One word of warning. If you DO get an invite, it is advisable to keep your mouth shut! Flyer shooters are a close knit bunch and frown on loose lipped people who devulge the details and locations of their sport. Good luck.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

bling 27 is really "Mike Vick." He got tired of killing dogs.

13. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Thanks for the help,slide action and trap2, and for the smart asses on this site, I am aware of hunting season. I have been hunting birds since 1964 and have killed more quail,ruffed grouse,and wooodcock than you will ever see. Wayne

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You don't say where you are from. If you want to send me an email I will tell you someone to call. Maybe he will help you, maybe not.

HM

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, forgot to mention. Barcelona and Mexico City have action and don't have the bunny huggers that spoil it like in the USA. Outfitters in those areas may have info.

HM

16. GRR

GRR TS Member

Hey Bling27 Go to any game farm and buy all the birds you can shoot...

Woods and Meadows game farm located in Warrens, WI 54666 608 378-4223

You can buy all the Pheasants you can shoot..... If your not a very good shot, bring a good dog.

17. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Live pidgen shooting year around within so many yrds of bridges in Iowa. Also a lot of farmers will let you shoot them aroun the barn. With permission of course.

Bill

18. blooch

blooch Member

hey buzzgun..........blackbirds are not free, at least not around here. Our parks and wildlife folks say they are migratory birds and thusly under their protection. A local farmer accidently poisoned a few thousand when a nemacide (insecticide used to kill cut worms in corn) sack broke open and he did not get it all cleaned up. Blackbirds finished the cleanup. Cost him $25k in fines and a lot of bad publicity.

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

open to an invite for a flyer shoot. thanks earl from Pa.

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There are no live bird shooting venues left in the United States.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.