1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I shoot in N.J.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cmmonaco78, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

Due too recent flooding attributed to Hurricane Irene and the subsequent heavy rains that we have had since. I am unable to shoot at my local club (N. Jersey Clay Target Club). Are there any Jersey shooters out there that have a suggestion as to where I might be able to shoot in the N. Jersey or lower NY area? NOT Thunder Mountain, if you have ever shot there you know why. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Christopher Monaco

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Nope that's it. Just those two in northern NJ. Although NJCT should be fixed and dry in a week or so probably.

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

We here at Mallard Trap Club in Monroe Twsp lost 1 trap machine due to flooding so only a one trap club until we get it back in 2 weeks . We are alternating rounds to give everyone a chance . WE are about 5 miles from Exit 8A or Exit 8 . Howell Gun Club is also open in Farmingdale . Sorry to hear what happened to North Jersey .

4. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

http://www.chestergame.org/

http://www.sitrap.org/

clinton WMA [you have old hunting licence, a trius trap, and...oh forget it]

5. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Christopher.....I don't know how far up in the state you are and how far you want to travel but Quinton Sportsmens Club is shooting on Friday evening and all day Sunday. We're about as far south as you can get without getting your feet wet in the bay but we've been shooting here for over 50 years. Friday evenings we shoot trap, skeet and 5-stand. Sundays we shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays. You can get more info from our website at...

www.quintonsportsmensclub.com

Jere

6. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Chris:Have you ever thought about pa?I lived in somerset co,and just moved out here.Right off of rt 78,not sure of the number [rt100]is Rural sportsmens assoc.Look up there web site,nice club,Trap&skeet,prices cant be beat.and I know for a fact from exit 39 on 78,you can be there in little over an hour.Just an idea..Ray

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pocono Slate Belt is just over the NJ-PA border, right near rt, 80. Not sure of their schedule. Bucks County Fish and Game is just outside of Doylestown PA. South on rt. 202 (open Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Ed Yanchok

8. Joe Si

Joe Si Member

Hi Chris, Howell Trap Club in Farmingdale NJ shoots the 2nd & 3rd Sundays of the month from March through November. This week they're having 50 pr of doubles starting at 9 AM, then 100 singles and 100 handicap. On the 18th they're having a 200 bird money shoot.

It's off exit 100 ( I think!)on the Parkway then west on rte #33.

Write me for more details if you're interested.

Joe

9. fcolonna

fcolonna TS Member

http://www.shongum.org/activities/trapprogram.html

10. MarkyMark

MarkyMark TS Member

Ed Y told me about a club out 78 west of clinton. Thunder MTN, it's the only place you can go to get yelled at, pay about 9.50 for 25 target, and it's an absolute sheet hole. Since you have been there you can vouch for me, never in my life have I seen piles of clay over the roof of a low house. Bucks County is a nice club. I am headed to Mid hudon this weekend for some FITASC.

11. det131

det131 Member

Youth Field Day at Bucks County this Saturday 9/10 Trap is closed

Opens back up on Sunday 9/11

Jim

Bucks County Fish * Game

1745 Turk Rd

Doylestown, PA 18901

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Seems no one likes Thunder Mtn, just wish there was some other place to shoot skeet within 50 miles.

13. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

Hey,

Thanks to all for the response. I am going to see how far each of these places are from where I live. I am located right outside of Jersey in Rockland County NY. Wondering if there is a place in Orange County NY? If not probably end up in Pa somewhere. I guess I am spoiled by the fact that NJCT is as close as it is.

Funny thing about Thunder Mountain, they bitch at you if you bring your own shells then they charge you $10.00 a box. Rob has always been cool to me but his mother can be, let's just say a little hard to deal with. Again, thanks to all.

Regards,
    CM

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Staten Island Sportsman is snother possibility for you. It is near the Goethals bridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.