1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy a Western Winchester trap thower?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nhp1, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhp1

nhp1 TS Member

Been looking to buy a Western Winchester trap thrower, but can't to find one? Any body know of anybody trying to sell one? Thank you!

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My guess would be they are around at many smaller clubs that have gone to automatics.

We sold ours for 300 each a decade ago.

HM

3. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I have two Winchester Automatic Traps, They were both working when removed.
    Price is $1500.00 each you pick them up.
    E-mail me for more information.
    Scott

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

E-mail me with where you are located, I could possible help you.

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

We have a Winchester 1582 for sale -- $1000 . Holds 160 targets . Complete repair by Shyda 3 years ago . Works great when taken out of service in Oct when we bought a new Super Star . Pick up only . In NJ .

6. fishbait8

fishbait8 TS Member

The Oklahoma Trapshooters has several for sale. $400 ea plus shipping. Where are you located?

If interested call me at 405-324-2370.

7. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have 2 for sale $500.00 each, they are model 1524. Located in north central Nebraska.

8. traploader

traploader Member

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/traploader/MOV01315.flv">

I am an OEM specializing in Western traps, parts, and accessories. I sell several different kits to convert Western handset traps to automatic for skeet, trap & sporting clays. The video above is our DS100 on a V1579 International Western "White Flyer" Trap with the modified carrier arm that throws targets over 100 yards. The video here is throwing double wobble "white flyer" trap targets.

Ian Brotherston
    Western Retro Products Ltd.
    Tel: (250) 216-8937

9. deercreek

I have six Western M-1524 traps for sale. All must be sold together as one lot. To the best of my knowledge, two are in good shape, two need slight repair and two probably need moderate work. I have a box of many parts, about everything except mainsprings. This would be a great mechanical project for someone and then re-sell what you don't want to keep. These are located in Indiana and I have no interest in any type of shipping. I have contacted two people (what I consider professionals on these traps) and I am told that most of these traps have a current value of 200.00-250.00 each. I will sell all six and parts for a total of 950.00. That is paying 158.00 each and getting the extra parts for free. Also two "pull" cords and several extra push buttons included. Bryan

10. traploader

traploader Member

Bryan,

That's the TS.com deal of the year. If you wanted to ship I'd buy them right now!

These traps sold for $3150/ea in 1993. Their quality manufacture has never been an issue. They're built to last and it seems few things are these days. The only issues with these machines where they (A) required a "Trapboy" to hand load the targets onto the carrier arm and (B) the liability associated with having kids in the trap house was questioned. We've solved these two issues with our automatic loaders and made a quality machine better at a significant savings over buying newer automatics. Call Bob Schultz at Target Shotguns or Al & QRP or myself for more information. Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products

11. deercreek

12. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

nhp1,

Maspenock Rod and Gun Club in Milford, Massachusetts has a Western 1577A for sale. It was completely maintained in 2005. We would accept $500 for it. If you are in the New England area, we invite you to take a look at it and watch it throw clays. For further info, you may contact me at "lajtaxatcomcastdotnet". Thanks.

LA

13. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

We have 9 of these for sale at $300.00 each. Please e-mail or call me if interested.

Thanks,

Dan McDermott
    Beaver Dam Conservationists
    608-358-5130

14. traploader

traploader Member

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/traploader/MOV01319.flv">

You can now convert your Westerns to automatic with this 270 capacity carousel and use them for skeet, trap or 5-stand applications. For skeet you'd get 4 rounds. For trap you'd get 2 rounds before reloading the machine.

Ian

15. Jimmmer

Jimmmer TS Member

If you are close to northwest ohio i know where 3 are at,pretty cheap.

16. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Check with Michael Hampton at the National Shooting Complex they wiull have about 25 for sale. 210-688-3371 ext 124 San Antonio, Tx

17. traploader

traploader Member

Here's the production dates for the V1524 Winchester Western "White Flyer" Handset Trap. There are no model numbers stamped on these machines. Just the serial number above the master on/off/fire switch. Serial numbers start with an "X" or "XS".

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products

18. dednded

dednded TS Member

We have had four trouble free seasons on our two Western Retro machines now,an excellent investment for our club.Chris

19. Baber

Baber TS Member

dednded:

Where are you located? Have been trying to convince my club to buy one of these conversion. The retort is "like putting a supercharger on a 4o year old motor". How old were your machines? Please see the trap date list for the date of manufacture. I am trying my best to sell the conversions but the question of longevity keeps coming up.

TB

20. traploader

traploader Member

Thanks Chris. I appreciate your kind words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

homeade carousel white flyer trap

trapshooter winchester western trap

western v1577 trap serial number