1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are you staying in Livermore for PITA State?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I'm looking at hotels/motels in Livermore for the CSTA State Shoot. I'm traveling solo and want to at least be in the vicinity of other shooters. I've got it narrowed down to a few, but...Any hotels/motels I should stay away from?

The rates are all over the board and its the strangest thing -- Thursday night is more expensive than Friday & Saturday nights, for 90% of all the places I've checked. Isn't that backwards?

Thanks for any info.

2. edbon9

edbon9 Member

the thursday rates are the 'business' rates for most hotels in that area.
    as they have oracle/peoplesoft and a host of different companies in the
    area. I live in SF so I'll have to commute every day :( a lot of shooters
    bring their trailers to livermore.

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Ok, that makes sense. It was just strange to see. RV spots filled up months ago and since I don't have one...

My biggest concern is where NOT to stay.

Thanks.

4. edbon9

edbon9 Member

that whole area is pretty safe, there is a motel 6 about 4 miles from the club.
    that's probably your best bet, close to 'old livermore' with some good restaurants, too.

edgar

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Edgar, thanks for your help. I was looking at Motel 6 and it's proximity, but you just never know. I'll just book it (can't beat the price) and hope for the best. I will leave my guns at the trap club with friends, so that will help immensely.

Hope to meet you while we're there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.